Star Wars: Andor season 2 news

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Not due for release now until next year, and looks like it's only going to be one more season before Andor joins up with Rogue One:

Andor Season 2 will consist of 12 episodes spanning four years. The storyline will start one year after the events of Season 1. Unlike the first season, which focused on a single year in Cassian’s life, Season 2 will cover a broader time frame leading up to the events of Rogue One.
The series will explore Cassian Andor’s journey as he becomes a leader in the Rebellion. Tony Gilroy, the showrunner, mentioned that this season will focus on the complexities of leadership and the challenges of uniting the alliance. The season will end with Cassian heading to the Ring of Kafrene, where his story in Rogue One begins.

looks like it's only going to be one more season
I think that's probably about right. TBH, great as it was, if they'd left it at the end of S1 I would have though it provided enough background to fill in the gaps.

Shame about the delay, but we should have Arcane S2 to be going on with before tooo much longer.

I wish it was coming sooner, but oh well. Still looking forward to it. Although I don't generally like when shows cover so much time in one season. Sometimes it feels rushed and like nothing gets enough detail/time to be fleshed out. But I suppose that was so they could wrap it up in only one more season.

Although Andor and Rogue One are my favourite shows from the Star Wars universe, I am with @HareBrain on this one in that Andor felt sufficient. They should be thinking about what lessons could be learned from Andor/Rogue One, in terms of generating new stories, rather than rehashing their spent endeavours.

No, give me twenty seasons! Hook it straight into my veins!

I was disappointed when they announced the reduction to only one more season a while back, but it is probably for the best in the end (not least because Diego Luna is getting less convincing as a younger Cassian with each passing year...). I also like the idea of having a collection of small, focussed story arcs, which is similar to how the first season was structured. Having longer gaps in between I don't think should have any impact on the overall quality.

I believe Ben Mendelsohn is back is Krennic, which is great news. I'm hoping that Ian McDiarmid might be snuck in somewhere - I'd love a Mon Mothma/Palpatine face-off, but then the showrunners do such a good job of ratcheting tension anyway it's probably unnecessary. Looking forward to K2's introduction as well.