Tricky Sci-fi Fiction Novel

LFF

I have been trying to find/remember this book for longer than I care to admit and sadly, I can’t remember anything that is actually useful such as author or title but here is what I do remember:

- This novel revolves around the use of brain implants and a company called Simian (I think), which develops a cutting-edge neural implant. The male protagonist is drawn into the company’s experiment, only to realize he’s been deceived, particularly by someone he trusted, a woman who he thought he was falling in love with
- I vaguely remember the protagonist meeting the aforementioned woman on the beach at the beach at the beginning of the book
- There is another scene where there is a party with multiple friends and this is where the protagonist starts to sense something is off
- I remember the cover being fairly colourful but I could not accurately recall the colour

It almost sounds like something by Bruce Sterling.

The beach scene at the beginning of the book is very similar to Count Zero by William Gibson.
I had a quick look and sadly that also doesn’t fit the bill, thanks for the response though!

Reminds me of "Be More Chill" by Ned Vizzini... a while since I read that and I'm not sure it fits