Arthur Machen's The Terror: 50-copy hardcover critical edition available now

Extollager

My understanding is that 27 copies are already sold. The paperback edition will not be limited, so far as I know.

Douglas Anderson (The Annotated Hobbit, H. P. Lovecraft's Favorite Weird Tales, etc.) describes it:

This "New Critical Edition of the Mythopoeic Classic"includes the original Daily News serial of the text ("The Great Terror" October 1916), that of the first hardcover edition of the novel (Duckworth, February 1917), and the condensed version for the American periodical The Century Magazine ("The Coming of the Terror" October 1917). There are additional essays by Dale Nelson, Thomas Kent Miller, David Llewellyn Dodds, Fr. John Bethancourt, and 9Douglas himself). ....Also considered is Machen's revised edition of 1927, with its unfortunate addition of one paragraph near the end, and a discussion of Emlyn Williams's unproduced screenplay, based on the novel. Plus lots of annotations (by editor Christopher Tompkins) and other associated items of interest.

Has anything written by Arthur Machen ever adapted to the big or smalll screen ?

A second question Did Tolkien ever meet Machen ?

A second question Did Tolkien ever meet Machen ?
There's no evidence known to me to support that idea, but they were alive at the same time and lived not too far away from each other (Oxford, London). But I wouldn't bet on it that either man had ever even heard of the other. However, Dorothy L. Sayers and Machen corresponded briefly about her reprinting one of Machen's stories for a mystery-horror anthology she was editing.