The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon: The Book of Carol: 02:01: La Gentillesse Des Étrangers.

nixie

pixie druid
Staff member
Supporter
I've seen reviews online and they aren't very favorable, yes there is a lot of plot holes but I enjoyed it.
Daryl is still in France,waiting for another ride, it's not explained why he never got the previous one.
Also he is teaching Laurent how to defend himself, those in charge of nest aren't happy with this.
Back to Carol, she goes to the junk yard where Daryl began his journey to France. She asks for help with the bike before grabbing what I presume is Daryl's crossbow, shots one in the foot before demanding they tell her where Daryl is. She steals a car and drives to the boatyard. Nothing but wrecks. She drives away and an overhead plane distracts her causing a crash.
She finds the Pilot Ash, tells him her daughter was in France at the start of the outbreak. He finally agrees to fly her there.

I get why the reviews are poor. She goes into a yard with numerous people, interacts with three of them, before shooting one in foot, likely breaking another's nose. No one jumps in and they don't follow her.
She finds the pilot's home, is responsible for his son's shrine being nearly destroyed. Hearing about how his son died she spins a tale about Sophie being in France. Somehow he comes round to agreeing to take her.
I don't think the plane is capable of flying that distance.
But if you are watching expecting it to be realistic, then you're watching the wrong programme, it's a zombie series.
I enjoyed it, pure escapism.

Back