SD card problem

Danny McG

The Federation needs you!
Today I spent half an hour transferring files (mainly photos and music) from my phone's internal storage to my SD card.

I was continually getting the message at the bottom of my screen "transferring xxnumber of files to SD card" while I was doing this.

A few minutes ago I went to look at the photos and everything seems to have disappeared altogether!

Any suggestions?

'Transfer' to and 'copy' to are different things. Are you sure the phone was looking at the SD card and not, still, its internal memory, which will be empty now?

Check to see how much data is available on your card. Your files may be there, but 'hidden'.

And as AP mentions, when using a PC, I always 'Copy' snd 'Paste'.

My SD card is now "not showing in available files".

I've done the usual high tech solution of removing it from my phone, frowning at it in confusion, and then shrugging and putting it back into my phone again.

I'm in town tomorrow so I'll get one of those card reader thingy's and then see if I can find the SD files on my laptop.

Just now popped up on my phone
"SD card detected, format for storage"
This will clear all the stuff I want to keep so no way - I'm flapping now and I'll be anxious until I get the card linked to my computer to see what's going on

I had a similar problem with my kindle and an SD card that turned out to be incompatible.
It at first seemed to be taking in the file, but later it was unreadable and said it needed formatting.
So maybe incompatibility or perhaps just a bad SD card.

I had a similar problem with my kindle and an SD card that turned out to be incompatible.
It at first seemed to be taking in the file, but later it was unreadable and said it needed formatting.
So maybe incompatibility or perhaps just a bad SD card.
Trouble is that I'd had it in my phone for months and months and it worked fine, it had a good load of files on it already.
All I did was transfer few more, I don't think it was even half full - suddenly it disappeared off my "available storage" on my screen and I couldn't find it.
I got myself a card reader and have the SIM card in it, however I've been too busy to couple it to my laptop and try to see what's going on

That's the trouble when using your phone for everything - I used to have notebooks filled with info that I wanted to keep but not anymore

Long ago when calculators were the new thing, I had one with a clock in it and used that instead of a watch.
The first time it slipped out of my pocket and into the toilet--I learned a valuable lesson about relying on new fancy electronics.
Today; You can do regular backups--or not--but if you don't....

I had a brainwave today
"Wait, wait! Lemme go check"
I went through a bedroom drawer and there was a SD memory card that I put there about six months ago.
I put it into my phone and all me info was there up until early May.
Tunes and Documents etc.
All my photos are saved in the cloud anyway so I hadn't lost that much.

I'll format the defective SD card sometime when I can be bothered, in the interim I have carefully copied everything from this old sd to my laptop, I'll try remember to that every few months (I used to often but I barely remember my own name nowadays)