(Found) Old series can’t remember name

Brobear

Looking for an old series three books
Fist book starts with two boys wanting to be chosen as apprentices. One boy chosen to be a soldier the other is passed over by everyone until the local wizard chooses him

They learn their craft at the end of book one kingdom is attack the young apprentice wizard is taken to a new world to be a slave

Second book the young wizard is working for his captors. First nds his love but is suddenly wished away when the visiting magic people find nd that he has magical powers and they take him away to be trained

He becomes more magical then his wizard captors is able to escape using his higher form of magi’s gets his live and returns to his world and helps them save the kingdom from the monsters nvaders and close the doorway to the other world

His friend becomes a warrior and eventually becomes involved with the elves and becomes one of them and falls for the queen

Can’t remember what the third book was about except that he becomes a famous wizard

If this sound familiar and you can help please let me know

This is theMidkemia series, written by Raymond E Feist and other authors, notably Janny Wurts. It starts with Magician.
There's a lot more than three books set in the same universe, though - at last count, more than 25, plus short stories.

Last edited:
This is theMidkemia series, written by Raymond E Feist and other authors, notably Janny Wurts. It starts with Magician.
There's a lot more than three books set in the same universe, though - at last count, more than 25, plus short stories.
L
Thanks, that is it I only remember reading the rift war series as a kid. Looks like I have more to catch up on. Much appreciated