Dany Fire, Night King Ice

pete997

That Dany is fire seems to be a given. and many think Jon Snow is ice. but the Night King seems a better choice for Ice. If so we may have Day and the Night King face off with each other. his ice sword against her dragon glass dagger and Valyrian blade. his cold against her heat.

Dany isn't a warrior so if she was involved in fighting the Night King it would be courtesy of being on top of a fire breathing dragon.

Dany isn't a warrior so if she was involved in fighting the Night King it would be courtesy of being on top of a fire breathing dragon.

true. but then neither is the Night King or any White Walker. they freeze shatter the enemies weapon and kill him when helpless. when Jon's sword did not shatter the White Walker was nearly helpless. not an uneven match if you think about it.

That Dany is fire seems to be a given. and many think Jon Snow is ice. but the Night King seems a better choice for Ice. If so we may have Day and the Night King face off with each other. his ice sword against her dragon glass dagger and Valyrian blade. his cold against her heat.

Welcome to the chrons forums @pete997 . :)

And it is an interesting point, actually - I know I've seen Jon Snow as representing ice - heck there's a clue in his name! But ... he isn't actually ice, simply someone who lives in a cold and bleak place. Whereas Dany really does have a close affinity to fire...

for some reason I am unable to reply on my original thread.

Targarryens are very heat tolerant in general. But with Dany this goes to an extreme. She tolerates high heat with ease/ I'm the series she cannot be burnt. In the series and if memory serves me her skin at times got hot enough her servant could not touch her without discomfort. She is Fire.

But is anything like this true for Jon. He lives in the north but that doesn't make him special. So do many others. He hasn't shown any particular affinity to cold such as being cold to the touch that would be typical of Ice. He suffers from the cold like any other man, He commented when he left Castle Black he wanted to head south to get warm. Jon doesn't seem to fit Ice well to me.

Jon being both Stark and Targaryen doesn't really add much either. He is still a separate coin and not the flip side of Dany's coin. Fire and Ice are opposites-flip sides of a single coin. The Night King fits that role better.

Jon Snow, Stark and Targaryen, ice and fire. A foot in both camps? Possible unifier? Or perhaps gives him a unique trait or capability for the battle to come?