(Found) Three Dragons

Boaz

Happy Easter!
I believe the title is Three Dragons, though I cannot find it on the web. I read it around 1975. It was a slim hardback containing three very short stories about dragons. The book had a paper cover over a red binding. The cover had three separate dragons featured horizontally... one on top, one in the middle, and one on the bottom. I believe the word Three separated the top and middle dragons while the word Dragons separated the middle and the bottom dragons. Each dragon was a different color upon a single colored background.... almost as if they were to be used in heraldry.

As per the stories, I believe one was a Norse story about a dragon... one was a Chinese story about a dragon... and one was a Roman story about a dragon. I do not recall any particulars regarding the Norse nor the Chinese stories. The Roman story featured a dragon who appeared to despoil Roman farms and lay waste to the countryside. Af first the Romans lived in fear, then someone figured out a plan to defeat the dragon.... and that's all I remember.

I read this book when I was eight or nine years old. The thread Our Gateways into Fantasy made me recall this book and I'd like to give it a glance or a read.

Thank you for you time.

Edit: I do not believe Kenneth Morris' The Book of Three Dragons is what I seek. The short stories were about different cultures and different people.

Last edited:
While using the book finder site, I think that I might have found what you were looking for, here is the search result:
Although the search I could do only showed where it was being sold, and even with a quick google search with both the title and author name you'd seriously only find a page about it on amazon, and you'll only find the image of what it looks like when you check the sale on amazon and while using an image search, it was also found to be on pinterest interestingly, and at that, it's clear that it matches almost exactly what you described about the cover:
But In the end, I wasn't able to find it's summary anywhere on the internet or what it even is about per se, so it must have been a pretty undermarketed storybook, so hope this was enough, haha.

Last edited:

Back