Littlefinger

I think he "picks" on tyrion because he's one of the very few people who can see past his disfigurement, he knows how clever tyrion is, and so naturally is a potential threat and should thus be removed.

Not to mention, Tyrion is easy for many to dislike. He's an easy scapegoat- he's been considered a monster all his life, so many people would find it simple to pair an ugly face with ugly deeds.

Baelish prides himself on being the most intelligent, the most clever, and the most patient player for the throne. He relishes competing with others who also pride themselves on their wits also... he relishes competing against anyone and everyone.

Also, I think he wanted to get Tyrion before the Imp got good at the game. Tyrion is, roughly, in his late twenties while Petyr is in his mid thirties. Tyrion had access to the Lannister money, the Lannister name, his father's reputation, his brother's sword, and his sister's position... if Baelish let Tyrion become experienced also, then Tyrion might have been his doom. To Littlefinger's thinking, it was best to nip Tyrion in the bud.

Boaz said:
... if Baelish let Tyrion become experienced also, then Tyrion might have been his doom.

Tyrion might still be...

I am aware of the original cold reasoning behind it, but where it was once purely tactics in the 'Game' I believe Baelish has now let his emotions get in the way at least concerning Tyrion. The fact that Tyrion being eliminated has been the sole piece of each of Littlefinger's plots not to fall into place is likely annoy such an artist of the Game of Thrones ever so little. Is he targeting Tyrion at the expense of ignoring other threats to him?

Has Tyrion become 'Moby Dick' to Baelish's 'Ahab'?

No, if anything Alayne not Tyrion will be Littlefinger's "Achilles Heel".

Now, happy tree, don't go calling him a greek god...

Had a thought today regarding Middlefinger. When Arya is taken to the inn, the Brotherhood talk of dinner and Anguy reminisces about a Dornish girl who once served him a dish of duck with lemon sauce. Anguy asks the innkeeper's wife about lemon sauce for the duck, she tells him that the Riverlands is not Dorne and that she does not have lemons, olives nor pomegranates.

I think the only other reference to pomegranates (barring Bown Marsh) is when Sansa and Baelish arrive at his home on the fingers, he cuts open a pomegranate and complains about sticky fingers. The sticky fingers in question are who will be blamed for Joffrey's death. Baelish leads Sansa to two conclusions... first, that he led the Tyrells to the conclusion of murdering Joffrey with the aid of Sansa's hairnet... and secondly, that Joffrey had to have it explained that jousting dwarves would greatly uspet Tyrion.

Is there actually a Dornish connection? Why isn't Baelish eating a peach like Renly... or an apple...? Lots of food leave sticky fingers. Why eat a Dornish food during the explanation to Sansa? Who knows all the connections Baelish has...

At this point, i'm just hoping Littlefinger has something of an actual endgame. Instead of simply playing the game cause he enjoys the taste of power and has a lusting after Catelyn and through her , her daughter Sansa.

I mean i guess it is realistic that someone does what he does for no other reason than the power itself that comes with it. And i guess some people enjoy reading about such a character. As his actions can swing every direction, as he is without a goal, other than than the goal of wielding and maintaining power. But all in all it seems so petty. Playing with the people around him, making himself feel powerful cause he once was powerless.
I guess i'm hoping their is more to him than shown so far.

@Koopa That's why my I liked my old theory that House Baelish is descended from Baelor I or Baelor Breakspear. It makes Littlefinger a closet Targaryen, perhaps with a claim to the throne. But I seem to remember that GRRM has made the Baelishes come from Braavos.

I think he wants to be the most important man in the Seven Kingdoms other than the King. Without the target on his head that the King may have. Eyrie, then Stark lands..

I think he wants to be the most important man in the Seven Kingdoms other than the King. Without the target on his head that the King may have. Eyrie, then Stark lands..

Littlefinger was a self serving amoral monster, caused a fews death including Ned Stark's

Last edited:
I’ve been reading through Eddard’s chapters this week. And I noticed a few things about Baelish.

Right after Eddard resigns as hand, littlefinger decides to help him find the brothel for which Jory and the guards have been searching for weeks. On the way back the pair are ambushed by Jaime Lannister.

I think a casual reading, or at least a reading that takes Eddards assessments at face value, will not notice that littlefinger set the whole thing up.

Started planned on leaving that night or at least he planned on leaving first thing in the morning. Littlefinger heads this off by finally showing it the brothels location. How on earth did Lannister know where Stark was going to be? The most likely way is that littlefinger’s agent told him.

The next question is whether Jaime knew whether Tyrion had been abducted or not. The timing of it makes it seem that little fingers agent revealed this information as well.

Mayhaps you already figured this out, but I now know that her littlefinger arranged for the confrontation in which blood would be spilled.

The next thing I noticed was that immediately, after refusing Renly‘s offer of help, Ed meets with a little finger. He needs the largest body of armed men in Kings Landing, the gold cloaks. When Ed tells a littlefinger that he is going to put Stannis on the throne, littlefinger tried to talk him out of it. Ed then asks him if he’d forgotten about the death of John Aaron, the death of jury, and the Valyrian steel dagger on the desk that was used in the attempt of Bran’s life. And to my surprise, littlefinger admits that he forgot.

I know it’s stretching, but I think he forgot because that’s not how it happened. The Lannisters did not try to kill Bran. Littlefinger tried to kill Bran. Look, we already know that littlefinger had an agent in Winterfell at the time. There was a box delivered to Luwin with a message for Catelyn. This agent would’ve bee highly trusted by Littlefinger and may have been under orders to do what he could to cause discord between the Starks and Lannisters and to arrange the death of Robert if possible.

I know there’s no proof of that. And I’ve always believed that Joffrey sent the assassin. But, maybe this agent of littlefinger was the guy who was responsible for revealing the dwarfs to Joffrey as well. Remember, littlefinger said that Joffrey had to be shown that certain things could be done.

Maybe the agents job was to arrange a murder of one of the Stark children and he decided upon the boy in the coma. And then a littlefinger just winged it from there.

Or mayhaps, he’s just the king of lying and going with the flow.