Chakotay

Thanks for the site.I am a big fan of his and like to read anything about him.

Chakotay's family.

Does anyone know if Chakotay has any family? I think he mentioned a cousin, but I'm not sure. Did he?? And do we have a name?

For anyone who's watched Endgame, withoiut any other spoilers, did he have someone come meet him. Even an old friend or something?

:star:

there was a season 1 episode where he goes with his dad to meet the tribe hes descended from...

we also saw in an episode when he went with spirit guide to when he was a child.... met his father

I think he did mention having a cousin whom he corresponded with once they started sending regular messages home.

Chakotay had a grandfather who he met and talked to in the ep where he was fighting "kid Chaos" (I think that was the name). He said he was afraid of becoming a crazy old man like his grandfather.

He also mentioned his mother in "Resolutions." He was massaging Katharyn's shoulders and said his mother would allow only him rub her shoulders because he didn't hurt her. ;)

Seems chakotay has a hiden past...

Just for you I've written to Robert Beltran. (actually from an interview with him post-'Endgame')

"I [Robert] wanted to know more about his [Chakotay] past. We saw his father, we saw his grandfather, but we never saw his mother. Did he have a sister? Was he ever married at some point? What kinds of relationships did he have with other women before Seska? And I would have liked to have seen a little bit more relationship development with the other characters on the ship. Mainly, though, I wanted his past fleshed out more than it was."

(It then goes on about a specific relationship developed more fully in 'Endgame', which everyone probably knows by now, but I won't reveal just in case.)

I think he speaks for us all there, about his character needing more 'flesh on the bones', you would have thought that in seven years we would have learnt a little more. Can you think of any TNG or DS9 characters that we know so little about.

my encyclopedia goes to about series 5, but doesn't have much about Chakotay......proving your point, I guess.

His father is definetly dead, but is his grandfather?

(oh we don't know very much about Morn either!)

Well OK, Morn... but can you think of anyone else...

I thought that was the joke with Morn, that we would never learn anything about him, or see him speak, he would just prop up the bar in every episode.

But there was an episode where Morn went away (can't remember the name of the ep) when we learn quite a bit about him.

Chakotay's grandfather is dead....he met him in a vision in that ep where he was a prize fighter (still can't remember the name of the ep) :cool:

The Morn episode may be Who mourns for Morn.

Chakotay's Grandfather ep, i think that was that 'The Fight' and he's dead? I don't remember that but thanks anyway.

well i liked that episode with his father

I just rewatch 'Author Author' and he has a sister!! I wonder how i missed that the first time round!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Neo Voyager (VOY) 24
Neo Voyager (VOY) 37