What was the last movie you saw?

Mighty Jack (1968)

Pseudo-movie made from two episodes of a Japanese TV series. The Mighty Jack team uses their heavily armed submarine/supersonic airplane to fight evil organization Q. Part one: They rescue a guy, who becomes the team leader. Part two: Q uses a freeze ray. Combination of spy stuff (the bad guy is even petting a white cat) and tons of model work. Watched via the KTMA season of MST3K.

Ex Machina starts slowly but does end well. Worth a watch.

I thought this was a very good and rather disturbing film, with some interesting things to say. It could almost be a three-person stage play. The clever-stupid billionaire tech-boss character has aged like a fine, somewhat poisonous, wine.

EVERY MAN IS MY ENEMY - 1967 - Would be a good companion film to The Hired Killer--also starring Robert Webber, which seemed like the same story as The Mechanic. Well this is pretty close to Heat--with Webber as a safe cracker with a deep hatred of snitches. The heist planned is less important than the character study aspect.

Les Amazones du temple d'or (1986) - starring a couple of familiar faces: Jean-Rene Gossart, last seen on my TV screen in Panther Squad, and Olivier Mathot, last seen OMTVS in Tire pas sur mon collant, and a sh*tload of semi-naked girls. 90 minutes of film padded out beyond all belief to tell 10 minutes of story with dull,pointless, overlong scene in which nothing happens followed pointless, dull, overlong scene in which nothing happens - often with exactly the same music playing underneath it. Story: a white, bare-breasted Jungle Girl kills the Lord of the Amazons (sic) who ordered the murder of her father. (After he had defiled their temple and stole gold from them but there you go - this film spent more time showing us slow-mo shots of semi-naked women riding horses than it did discussing morality.) Monumentally dull. Full of the director's trademark vague camera moves, pointless pans, tilts, and weird zooms but this time with the added bonus of watching him spectacularly screw up some of initially interesting shots he did manage to set up. In one sequence our heroes and heroines (easy to tell them apart - the men were wearing clothes) were wandering around a cave system when they were trapped by a series of huge, portcullis-like metal gates slamming down between them in the distance and the camera. Looked convincing enough right up till the moment the heroine walks forward, nearly up to the camera, and unlocks them with her stolen keys showing them up to be the weeny little grill dropped in front of the lens that they really were. He did the same with the series of 'huge' gold columns. Shot from the right angle they looked great: imposing, monumental. But often the angle was too high and we could see he was trying to do a Mario Bava and cheat a huge set by shooting through a small model up close.

Les Amazones du temple d'or (1986) - starring a couple of familiar faces: Jean-Rene Gossart, last seen on my TV screen in Panther Squad, and Olivier Mathot, last seen OMTVS in Tire pas sur mon collant, and a sh*tload of semi-naked girls. 90 minutes of film padded out beyond all belief to tell 10 minutes of story with dull,pointless, overlong scene in which nothing happens followed pointless, dull, overlong scene in which nothing happens - often with exactly the same music playing underneath it. Story: a white, bare-breasted Jungle Girl kills the Lord of the Amazons (sic) who ordered the murder of her father. (After he had defiled their temple and stole gold from them but there you go - this film spent more time showing us slow-mo shots of semi-naked women riding horses than it did discussing morality.) Monumentally dull. Full of the director's trademark vague camera moves, pointless pans, tilts, and weird zooms but this time with the added bonus of watching him spectacularly screw up some of initially interesting shots he did manage to set up. In one sequence our heroes and heroines (easy to tell them apart - the men were wearing clothes) were wandering around a cave system when they were trapped by a series of huge, portcullis-like metal gates slamming down between them in the distance and the camera. Looked convincing enough right up till the moment the heroine walks forward, nearly up to the camera, and unlocks them with her stolen keys showing them up to be the weeny little grill dropped in front of the lens that they really were. He did the same with the series of 'huge' gold columns. Shot from the right angle they looked great: imposing, monumental. But often the angle was too high and we could see he was trying to do a Mario Bava and cheat a huge set by shooting through a small model up close.
I saw this as Golden Temple Amazons; borrowed the disc from NF. Too long ago, to recall much, though I have pics on my HDD.

THE LOVE BUTCHER - 1975 - Similar to Alice, Sweet Alice, it feels more like a quirky character study drama than a straight horror film. The main character is a man with split personality--one is that of a hunchback gardener with bifocals (dressed like Stephen King in Creepshow) who has a dual identity as a Don Juan type. At times it seems more like a comedy (not helped by the soundtrack which has a 1940s sound). Cast of unknowns (to me), some interesting photography but not surprised it is an obscurity.