What was the last movie you saw?

Here it is:

Although this says Nurses For Sale, this is NOT the sexed-up and severely edited version Al Adamson created and released under that title. This is the original German version, dubbed in English but with the credits in German (including the original German title.)
Thanks! do you recall when the spider was on?

Thanks! do you recall when the spider was on?

Starts about at the one hour and three minutes mark.

Meanwhile:

The Swamp of the Ravens (El pantano de los cuervos, "The swamp of the crows," 1974)

Nutty Spanish/Ecuadoran shocker. Surprisingly young and handsome Mad Scientist figures he can reanimate the dead, as long as they been deceased for an oddly specific eight minutes or less. A committee of medical authorities (played by you in flashback, as we hear multiple voices but don't see them, and the Mad Scientist speaks directly to the camera) refuses to allow him to experiment with super-fresh corpses. He winds up working at some medical facility but having a shack in the swamp (which contains neither ravens, nor crows, nor buzzards [as the English dubbing calls them] but vultures.)

The Eternal Triangle pops up, as his girlfriend has her own flashback to loving a lounge singer, then leaving him for the Mad Scientist. She then goes back to the longue singer (after he serenades a mannequin of her, pledging his love to his "dead robot.") Mad Scientist kills her so he can revive her, but he gets intimate with her before she's alive again.

Meanwhile, body parts from the swamp, where the Mad Scientist tosses away the leftovers from his experiments, show up. leading our Comedy Relief police official to start an investigation. For no apparent reason, living heads (quite obviously just the actors standing in the water up to their necks) pop up in the swamp, but play no part in the plot. They just float there.

The swamp of the not-ravens is a striking location, and the movie is actually pretty nicely filmed in EuroGothic style. That doesn't stop it from being utterly goofy.

SALEM'S LOT - 1979
I notice there is a scene shuffling issue since BoomBoom Bonnie knows that Cully will be sent to Portland by Straker a day before Straker even tells Crockett that he needs two men.That's a bit weird unless BoomBoom Bonnie was on friendlier terms with Straker than any of us assumed.
Anyway--it is still one great vampire story. I don't see any problem with David Soul--he gets nervous as it goes--and some of the little things--like where he asks Marie Windsor for a cross is done with a kind of edgy hesitation which gradually increases until they get to the Marsten house. Also, I have heard criticism of Ben dropping the holy water--but I think the point was that he was so hesitant and spooked-Mark is less nervous than him---and then when he drops it--he just says #$%^# this and gets over the fear he has.
Mike Reyerson's head jerks as he gets up from the rocking chair are pretty creepy little performance gestures and also Marjorie Glick's obnoxiously exaggerated lashing out with her arms. I always assumed she was killed by the crucifix but she was in the root cellar too.

But James Mason is endlessly fascinating with his superior contemptuous condescending tone.

Straker: "That will hold you until tonight."

Mark: "What will happen tonight?"

Straker(pats him on the shoulder) : "...Yes."

THE CAT AND THE CANARY -1978 - A dud. Not a good comedy and not a good horror film although it gets some pages in William K Everson's More Classics of the Horror Film. Surprising --maybe he was a Carol Lynley fan. Come to think of it, this is the only work of hers I think I have seen after 1972.

Dark Water (2005). It is an American remake of the 2002 Japanese version, but far inferior. It isn't a terrible movie and has some proven actors, but not much to be scared about. Possibly more of a sad story than scary. That said it still has a disturbing atmosphere and is reasonably compelling. I do remember the original had a couple of scary scenes, such as in the elevator, and the child was more chilling. Only reason to watch over the original is if not wanting to watch subtitles.