Cover art released for Deathly Hallows.

You're observant! I never noticed that!

Thanks Leisha :)

By the way, I would like everyone to look at my new avatar. The arrow is pointing to a scar. The quality isn't great on the picture, but if you look at that location on a better picture you will see a line that is a pinkish red color, the same color as his scar on the other book covers. It is definitely not his normal skin color, and it is definitely not the brown-black of harry's hair. So unless harry has begun using a pinkish-red marker to color on his head, that would be a scar.

Sorry guys, I missed my old avatar and changed back

Last edited:
I don't see it, sorry! In my opinion it's just shadow, or a darker patch of pastel left by the artist. On the UK edition, however, you can see Harry and his friends have some scapes...

Edit: Oh, and I work in pastels when I'm drawing horses (as seen in my avatar), and I often have tiny patches/lines of different colours -- it's just part of the art process.

Well, he's definitely going to go through a lot, of that much we can be sure! In fact, by the end of the book he's probably going to have a few more scars! Unlike other people, though, I don't think he, or his two close friends, will die at the end of the series. Harry will triumph.

I agree. I think Harry will have a happy ending. I heard the theory in another thread that they will go through to the other side of the veil and that Sirius will come back, allowing Harry to have a home and a happy ending. I personally like this theory.

I agree. I think Harry will have a happy ending. I heard the theory in another thread that they will go through to the other side of the veil and that Sirius will come back, allowing Harry to have a home and a happy ending. I personally like this theory.

That was my theory! Glad someone likes it!

It may be just me, but I don't think they were working together; Harry looks like he's trying to get something, but Voldemort looks like he's trying to prevent it, or is even scared of whatever it was that Harry is about to get.

Point conceded. This is much more likely, as is the theory that the people in the background are actually the dead.

Point conceded. This is much more likely, as is the theory that the people in the background are actually the dead.

I agree that they're probably those trapped inside the veil. Though when I first saw it, I thought they were standing stones! Has anyone ever been to a stone circle? Where I live we have two nearby (don't think of Stonehenge -- it looks completely different to the lesser circles!), and they looked almost identical to the picture.

Image:LongMegAndHerDaughters(SimonLedingham)May2005.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mjpowell/Photo_Archive/England/castlerigg.jpg

http://www.visitcumbria.com/kes/castlerigg-9527b.jpg

But, yeah, I'd say Voldemort is fighting Harry wandlessly (since neither can use their wands against each other). But what are they looking at? It appears like Harry is trying to close the curtain/veil, and Voldemort is trying to stop him. Maybe that's how Harry will "defeat" him? Maybe, somehow, Vold. gets trapped inside, while Harry and his friends escape? But that would ruin my blood-theory...

Doh! ;)

Just what I think of Harry on the cover is that he had buck teeth, is fat, had funny hair and, in my opinion, looks like an idiot. That is nothing like I ever imagined him. What about you guys.

Just what I think of Harry on the cover is that he had buck teeth, is fat, had funny hair and, in my opinion, looks like an idiot. That is nothing like I ever imagined him. What about you guys.

I can't help but agree -- though not about the "fat" part! I think he looks like he needs more meals actually!
But yes, he certainly doesn't look like I'd ever pictured him...