The greatest Landmarks in Science Fiction and fantasy

I havent read Amber yet so.

Tower of the Elephant

Do i really need to say where that is from :rolleyes:

Not sure if GRRM's A Song of Ice and Fire would count, but if it was I would say maybe the Iron Throne or The Wall.

Arthur C Clarke's Space Elevator from Fountains of Paradise has to get a mention (it also turns up in Kim Stanely Robinson's Mars trilogy), Thistledown from Greg Bear's Eon (and sequels) and the River Tethys from Dan Simmons' Hyperion Cantos.

How about the House at the End of the World, since reading The Redemption of Althalus I've wanted to go there.

What about that ancient city in antarctica they found in Lovecraft's "At The Mountains of Madness"? I can't remember what it was called or if it even had a name, but it was impressive...

I've done some research on a few of these places and have been convinced from the descriptions alone to read the books they come out of!

[SIZE=-1]Númenor at the height of its glory.

Arisia

Castle Frankenstein
[/SIZE]

Moon's Spawn - Anomander Rake's gigantic floating fortress from Erikson's Malazan series comes to mind. I think it makes a brief appearence in both Gardens of the Moon and Memories of Ice. Hope I'm not giving away any spoilers :(.

Cheer's, DeepThought

Moon's Spawn - Anomander Rake's gigantic floating fortress from Erikson's Malazan series comes to mind. I think it makes a brief appearence in both Gardens of the Moon and Memories of Ice. Hope I'm not giving away any spoilers :(.

Cheer's, DeepThought

I also thought Moon's Spawn was was pretty impressing.

I have seen it only in GOTM so far since im only on the second right now.

I dont think its a spoiler by giving away only the name and not what is and its role in the Malazan series.

Back