How many of you would be interested in...

The only problem I can see arising is for those who use Macs/Linux and what to learn VB - I don't know what sort of tools are available for them.
So far, three options:

1. Run a MS OS in a Virtual Machine - gives the most compatible method to compile and run VB.

2. Run VB under WINE - usable but you might run into some trouble if you try any projects with ASP.NET or when registering DCOM.

3. Try installing MONO - apparently now quite compatible with VB, other than any projects involving WebParts and one or two others.

Hopefully this will help anyone who's wavering to take the plunge and try VB :)

The only problem I can see with MONO is that it is .NET. The syntax of Visual Basic 6 and the syntax of Visual Basic.NET are quite different from each other. Heck, the syntax of Visual Basic 6 is different from the syntax of Visual Basic 2005!

Ah... I know nothing :D Well, that rules out option 3 then. I had a suspicion it might differ.

Lenny - I did part of my senior project in Computer Engineering in VB, but that was 12 years ago. Don't remember much of it. I'd be interested - just don't know if I could put much time into it.

- Z.

Lenny: have you considered a VBA course in your spare time. You know the period between finishing a biscuit and reaching for the barrel for the next one.

Seriously it may appeal to the excel etc. users out there. It's amazing what you can do if you know VBA.

Lenny: have you considered a VBA course in your spare time. You know the period between finishing a biscuit and reaching for the barrel for the next one.

Seriously it may appeal to the excel etc. users out there. It's amazing what you can do if you know VBA.

I have actually payed around in it... and to be honest, I'd prefer to stick to VB6. :p

For my A-Level Computing project (my second year one, which is the one I've just done), three of us in the set did our projects entirely in VB (well, a VB front-end and processing which linked to data in Access tables. I've also programmed a bit of communication with Excel - the program creates an Excel spreadsheet and then prints it off), whilst the other seven did it in Access. Now since we three who did it in VB were considered Gods in the Computing set (what? We were the hardcore programmers! :p), we were constantly asked to help those who were doing it solely in Access, which meant helping them with VBA code... and it was a right royal pain in the arse. Not the helping but the actual VBA - things I can do in a minute in VB6 took far too long to do in VBA.

I agree, it is amazing what you can do with VBA, and I have played around with it, but my hardcore heart prefers VB6. :p

One of the things I want to cover when I've got the basics out of the way is using VB6 with Access tables and Excel spreadsheets.

---

Anyway, start expecting something at the end of the week - mainly the basics of both HTML and VB6, and maybe a start on some actual programming in each.

EDIT: Methinks I might be able to persuade a few of the other website builders, like Leisha, to share some things as well. Leisha, for example, builds website in Flash - something which I've not really tried.

Okay, okay, I've changed my mind. I think I must've lost my sense somewhere. But...

I've made two Flash tutorials and I'll be putting some screenshots together, too. However, people shouldn't download and install Flash CS3 until when I start the tutorial, or else their 30-trial will run out. Oh, and I'm warning people now, it's not the easiest of tutorials (you'll actually build a little Flash widget that displays the date).