Doctor Whos Lost/forgotten Villians re-created

Armadillo-002

Gaia's Rave
Do you think the new Doctor Who series will use some of the more older villians, like Sutekh from the planet Phaester Osiris, the race who are now extinct. I would like to see Sutekh, a crazed Osirans who fought his brother Horus in ancient Egypt. He was trapped in a time tunnel by the doctor. It might be a good idea to set him free and wreck havoc as it says the race had the technological ability to rival or be even better than the time lords.

which lost or forgotten races would you like to see making a come back. :)

I think I have mentioned this before somewhere, but it's definately worth mentioning again :) (Great idea for a thread, by the way Armadillo)

One of the original Doctor Who Villains that really stuck in my mind were the Zygons. I always thought that there costumes looked quite good for the time, and their technology had an interesting look to it as well. Unfortunately their pet monster was not quite so good :rolleyes:, but with modern CGI ahhh just imagine...

Anyway as I recall the Zygons were a cyber/organic technology time race whose home planet was destroyed, but they sent thousands of 'seed' ships out into the galaxy to try and find a new home for themselves. The fourth Docotor and Sarah Jane ran into one on Earth, but there could be countless other ships, out there on various planets....

Zygon.jpg

Of course in addition to the Zygons, there are also the Daleks... we haven't seen much of them yet.;)

Last edited:
The Master mentioned a few, in his various speeches aboard the Valiant...

I'm afraid you'll have to remind those of us whose memories are a bit temperamental, PT.

I always preferred the 'monster of the week' stories to the techno-babble and mystic occult ones. So, you could bring them all back for me.

We have had this discussion before, and I wanted the Sontarans. Now we have got them, and probably seen a little too much of the Daleks and Cybermen, then I agree that the Sea Devils and their cousins the Silurians should be next.

The golden Axons is a very good episode too, and the Zygons are a good choice. I think 'Pyramids on Mars' and 'Egyptian alien Gods' has probably been too overdone on other programmes to bring back Sutekh.

What about bringing back the Giant Spiders of Metebelis 3?

Remembering back to my school days, I would say that episode was probably the most talked about in the schoolyard.

How about The Web Planet, with the Zarbi and the Venom Grubs, controlled by the Animus?....

I was always terrorised by the Brains of Morbius creature...

I vaguely remember a Patrick Troughton adventure many many moons ago with Yetis (Furry bipeds with a silver sphere in their belly). For some reason, I found them really scary.

It would've been the sound they made, I expect, Foxbat; from Wiki:
"The sound effect of a Yeti's roar is created by slowing down the sound of a flushing toilet."​

RTD unfortunately ruled out the Ice Warriors (maybe a new writer could do something about that).

I'd like to see a bit more of the Ogrons.

It would've been the sound they made, I expect, Foxbat; from Wiki:
"The sound effect of a Yeti's roar is created by slowing down the sound of a flushing toilet."​

Hmm. I hope there's nothing Freudian about my fear:D

Oh dear Pyan, now I'll never be able to look at the Ice Warriors in the same way.

Although I'm still standing by my Zygons answer, I would be really intrigued to see the Zarbi etc done again. They really did not look that good first time round, but the actual alien society was magnificent and with modern technology special effects it could be really something special

I would like to see the return of Weng Chiang, though I think he disintegrated himself didn't he?
Talons_title.jpg

The useful part of Time Travel is that we can always go back to pre-previous meetings. Assuming there isn't any canon reason not to...

I would like to see the return of Weng Chiang, though I think he disintegrated himself didn't he?

Ah, yes... Magnus Greel. Loved that story -- so very Sax Rohmer meets (a slightly drunken) H. G. Wells....:D Seriously, that's always been one I've had a fondness for; but I'm not sure a return of Greel would work that well.

The Zarbi (and the Menoptera), on the other hand, might well work, given the improvement technically... and it would be very nice to see them in color... especially if the design were based on the originals, which were indeed quite colorful.

Actually, if it could be done properly, a return of the Celestial Toymaker is something I'd like to see... but that character is so much linked in my mind with Michael Gough that he'd be a tough act to follow. Still....

And yes, I'd like to see the Silurians and the Sea Devils return, as well....

I would like to see the Ice Warriors done too, I assume that RTD ruled em out as he had his quota of old enemies sorted out. Now of course once we know if were going to have a new Doctor in 2010 we may have a few old faces return, who knows.

Who I would like to see done well would be.

Silurians/Sea Devils
Ice Warriors (we know they are present during the negotiations on Peladon well in the future)
Draconians :)