WorldCon 2010 - Melbourne

Oh, do try to attend, ktabic. The Convention is bound to be fantastic and the more of the Chronic who make it, the better it will be. :D

Well, still undecided, but that's undecided with attending membership. So just plane fare and accommodation bookings to make. :)

I'd love to go, but I think I have year 12 exams at that time...

I have some of my suitcase packed already!! :D Looking forward to meeting you Tanga, Gully Foyle.

You are welcome to stay at my house but it's on the other side of the Continent!

Why does time go so slowly when there is something exiciting about to happen!! :(

Well it twas a good Worldcon party they held in Montreal, cobber I think.:cool:

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to it. I think we should go as our avatars rather than boring old name tags.
Yes that's an interesting thought. I had an idea along similar lines.

I'll be trying to organise some sort of get-together during the Con.

Time to put the thinking cap on......:)

You think I am dressing up as my avatar in Melbourne! :eek:

I'd end up with frost bite :D

It is a good idea though....

I'll have to see what my finances look like after Christmas. I went to the Worldcon in Glasgow in 2005 and loved it and I've always wanted to go to Australia so this could be my excuse! Expensive though!

So should I be on the lookout for a giant watercolour walking around if I get there then Gollum? Sure I'd spot Rosemary though, that costume should stand out ;)

I'll have to see what my finances look like after Christmas. I went to the Worldcon in Glasgow in 2005 and loved it and I've always wanted to go to Australia so this could be my excuse! Expensive though!

So should I be on the lookout for a giant watercolour walking around if I get there then Gollum? Sure I'd spot Rosemary though, that costume should stand out ;)

Yes, do please try and attend, the more Chronics the better! I think the goosed bumped and blue legs would catch the eye more than the costume, WS :D

I expect there will be some kind Chronic who will help me keep warm, Precioussss :D

You think I am dressing up as my avatar in Melbourne! :eek:

I'd end up with frost bite :D
Not to mention being charged with carrying an offensive weapon (if the vic police don't just plain shoot you).

I'll have to rummage around for some small rocket boosters. The other option is to change my avatar just before the event.

I'm not sure if even a toy sword is classed as an offensive weapon these days!

Shoot me? The Wicked Sword Maiden? :eek: They wouldn't dare! :rolleyes:

Do you really need rocket boosters, gully? Something a little less violent might be better than change you avatar. What is it exactly? :D

Well, I shall be booking my accommodation in a few weeks time! I would hate to miss out on a place to stay for the week :) It's somewhere in a town called Box Hill.

September... Hopefully I'll be able to spare a couple of days to get down to Melbourne. I'm hoping...

Well, I shall be booking my accommodation in a few weeks time! I would hate to miss out on a place to stay for the week :) It's somewhere in a town called Box Hill.
Well I provided a fairly detailed reply regarding your location but I'm not sure if you received it....:confused:

Sadly I've deleted the sent message, so hopefully you did get it LOL!

Talking about weapons, there's a fairly strict policy in place that prohibits the carrying of mock or genuine weaponry to the Con incl. as part of Masquerade outfits. The policy details are on the Worldcon/Aussiecon 4 website. When I was in Japan, 2007 for WorldCon, no such policy existed, at least not for the masqeurade ball/competition. Times are 'a changin' indeed...

Payment for supporting or attending members is available on the Website.

That is a good point, need to look at booking accommodation now if I'm going to go down that way. And air flights.