Dahak Series-David Weber

DMZ

So when do you guys think the last book in the Dahak Series will ever come out?

And this trilogy- by far- is the GREATEST scifi story I have ever read, rivaling Star Wars and even some of the Star Trek tales.

He should seriously consider sending off the idea to Spielberg or something, because having Mutineer's Moon as the first movie of a trilogy would be incredible.

There are so many details (new, innovative details) and plot concepts so absolutely fresh and different than what has been released in the entire history of Scifi movies that I think a professional movie production of this series would be successful without doubt.....I mean, Muntineer's Moon alone is like an alternative history story but with Star Trek and Starship Troopers combined, and then all ties in to an even GRANDER scale (the Acchultani) which makes an easy lead-in to a sequel!

Who's with me?

And if you have not read it here is the hull Serise Online Empire from the Ashes by David Weber - Baen Books

READ IT AND YOUR BRAIN WILL THANK YOU!!

Wow! I must say you are passionate. I have read the Dahak series and I would agree that there is some very innovative ideas there. I'm a big Weber fan. But my take on this series is that it reads like something he wrote before he hit his stride. It reads a bit juvenile to me. I've never been tempted to read them a second time, but I have read the entire Honor Harrington series, the early books four times at least.

Honor Harrington series is good, but what do you mean by juvenile.

I'll have to put these on my to buy list as i have quite a few still left to read. I do enjoy the HH books, but i'd never call myself a fan as i just dip in every now and again.

The first two books of the Dahak series are awesome. It is action packed and has a great lead character. Weber comes up with some really interesting ideas that will grip you the moment you start reading it. The third book however, was unnecessary and should be thought of as more of a spin off and not necessarily a good one at that.

Ya I do think he could of done better at the end on the 3rd, but it is still a tale I will never forget.

Last edited:
Honor Harrington series is good, but what do you mean by juvenile.

That's a good question. As I think about it my feeling comes from the set up. I mean the moon actually being --- well you know ---- Come on, that buggers the imagination. And the battles never seemed to cost as much as they should have. And ... well I'm not completely sure. In the final analysis I like them better than the "March Up Country" series, and his GAG!!! last novel (actually the book wasn't too bad; it was the ending that made me want to chuck the book). But not nearly as well the Safehold series. Or the Harrington spin-offs.

I must admit that the blurb suggests something a little more YA about those books. I haven't read them, but their basic premise and plot seems a little beyond what is reasonably believable.

On another point the OP asked when the fourth Dahak book is coming out. I was not aware that there is even one planned, though I may have just looked in the wrong placed. It is a long time (15 years) since the last one was written.

That's a good question. As I think about it my feeling comes from the set up. I mean the moon actually being --- well you know ---- Come on, that buggers the imagination. And the battles never seemed to cost as much as they should have. And ... well I'm not completely sure. In the final analysis I like them better than the "March Up Country" series, and his GAG!!! last novel (actually the book wasn't too bad; it was the ending that made me want to chuck the book). But not nearly as well the Safehold series. Or the Harrington spin-offs.

The ending on his last book made me laugh. I wonder if Weber was trying for laughs.

Murphy,

I assume you are talking about his last novel and not the last novel in the Dahak series. I hadn't thought about his trying for laughs in that book. I doubt it, but I would say the ending was laughable --- in a bad way.

Murphy,

I assume you are talking about his last novel and not the last novel in the Dahak series. I hadn't thought about his trying for laughs in that book. I doubt it, but I would say the ending was laughable --- in a bad way.

Yes, I was talking about the last novel out. I quite enjoyed the Dahak series, as I do most of his books.

I must admit that the blurb suggests something a little more YA about those books. I haven't read them, but their basic premise and plot seems a little beyond what is reasonably believable.

On another point the OP asked when the fourth Dahak book is coming out. I was not aware that there is even one planned, though I may have just looked in the wrong placed. It is a long time (15 years) since the last one was written.

He sead he was going working on it like 5 years ago when he got a chance.

I hope he takes it somewhere good. I don't want anymore books like the last one.