3.06: The Walking Dead - Hounded

ctg

weaver of the unseen
Andrea grows closer to the Governor, while Michonne makes a decision about Woodbury. In the meanwhile, Glenn and Maggie heads out for another supply run as Axel tries to fix generators, while Rick continues to struggle with the death of his wife, Lori.

That was a very well done episode. I have been reading the wiki walking dead comic issue plot points so I knew what the phone thing was about. The actor playing Rick Grimes really should at least get nominated for an award as he does such a fantastic job. All of them do, actually. It seems the connection of the prison and woodbury is coming quickly and I have to speculate there is going to be quite a confrontation between Merle and Daryl. I hope Daryls character survives because he is one of the biggest reasons I watch the the show. I look forward to seeing Michonne hang out with the group and I want to like the Governor so much besides that crazy thing he has going on, although it is more cold and calculated, which makes him even more dangerous. Really looking forward to the next one and I hope their main character killing is on hold for a while. Maybe Hershal next?

One more thing, reading up on the comic plots I have noticed the characters who live and die don't follow exactly like the show, which is nice. I am reading it because I want to know where they are going next, which isn't guaranteed, but...

Oh dear, you're spoiling yourself man. I know the lure, but I didn't realise it was that strong. I'm so sorry for putting the phone in the spotlight. Please forgive me.

Awwww, that was so sweet. So right and so proper. And the moment I'm talking about, you know what it is when you get there. It's that sweet and touching. But it isn't alone as there are others, as sweet, as character building as they can be. And of course in their own way, I bet some like the Governor more than Rick.

However, there's the one thing that joins them together like brothers. But they could as well be miles apart as they literally are. And much as hate to say this, those who like the Governor, doesn't get much appreciation in my books. It is even though he looks appealing in so many reasons, he also done such atrocities that I simply cannot approve them. Not now, not back in the days, when I read the story first time and certainly not tomorrow.

But some will. Some will see all his doings as right as one unnamed country doings over the weekend. Some will even cheer when he wins. So let me ask you lot this, which is the better evil?

Oh, its not the photos that lured me in. I've been wanting to check those stories out for a while. I just don't have the money or the time to spend on the comics. I figured out from everyone who is a fan of the show that it did not parallel the comic excactly, so that being said, I now know where they will (probably) go after the prison/Woodbury story arc but will still be completely surprised by who actually makes it there!

Man, don't you have libraries in states? I'm asking because in here they do carry comics, and in TDW case, you can ask them to order in the albums as there's no point of buying in single ones. They'd just get nicked in first notice.

In the regards of where they're heading afterwards, I would like to say that I don't think it will follow the comic books faithfully. They might do some things that look similar and they certainly won't follow the deaths as you have seen in Dale's case, absolutely.

After watching it again, I have to say that the way they have shown Rick going absolutely mental, and I don't suspect that others haven't noticed or even started talking about it, is great.

The telephone, as I did show in the other other, is the culmination of his madness. It ties him to the real world like that weird journal the Governor hides in his desk draw. And I think it's a very small thing, when he could bat sh*t crazy in any minute. And then not even Merle's craziness could compare to the devastation he's going to leave behind.

But that is the world they are living in. The world where you could wave hello to your neighbours is long gone and everyone, who approaches their fences should be treated as a potential vigilant.

I think that is how Michonne sees the Woodbury, when he left Andrea to boink brains out from their deranged leader. To her the enclosed town is full of mental patients, while Andrea sees it as a safe-heaven. So getting in between the sheets with the Governor, she betting for long and safe future, where she sees herself as one of their leaders.

In a way, I could say that is the same thing that went through her mind, when she slapped her hand on Shane's crotch in that lonely road to nowhere. Or then its the sex thing. The one thing that gives a relief, when all that you see around you is perversion of an old world view.

Still the old world isn't going anywhere as you hear our redneck hero explaining to Carl how he grew up in Merle's shadow. And the response he gives, when the boy wonder says, "I shot my mum," is like the only response he could give.

However, it is not the only way as you him getting so sad and so angry the moment before he decides "f**k it" and pull the dead geezer from the front of the cell to find out Carol alive.

The life is full surprises even if looks like there's no hope. And I stand by words, the baby is the culmination of their hopes. It has to survive no matter what.

Wow!

It was heartbreaking to see Daryl getting so angry at the end there, but I'm glad that's been resolved. That being said, I'm a little confused. (Spoiler: When they dug those graves a few episodes ago, why'd they dig one for Carol if they didn't have a physical body? Granted, they found her scarf and I can see putting up a cross or some other sort of marker, but why actually dig the grave?)
Scary about Glenn and Maggie. I hope they get out of this ok, like maybe Merle is just acting like they're in lots of trouble so the Governor will let him talk to them?

Andrea told Michonne that she thought Woodbury was safe which is why she wanted to stay behind (plus she was tired of running). Now she's also sleeping with the Governor. She doesn't even know Shane's gone and she's willing to get together with someone else? I wonder...
I also wonder what the Governor's got up his sleeve. He seems to have become amazingly possessive of Andrea for some reason and I don't think he's going to make any attempt to let her know about Glenn and Maggie.

Scary about Glenn and Maggie. I hope they get out of this ok, like maybe Merle is just acting like they're in lots of trouble so the Governor will let him talk to them?

I don't know if they're going to get out okay. Merle and Governor aren't really known for letting people off easily. So it might be as well be that they come back as zombies or without having few digits. And no, I don't like that situation at all.

Andrea told Michonne that she thought Woodbury was safe which is why she wanted to stay behind (plus she was tired of running). Now she's also sleeping with the Governor. She doesn't even know Shane's gone and she's willing to get together with someone else? I wonder...

Check the last season final episode, and you'll see she was among the people when Rick told them that Shane turned to zombie and hence he had to be put down. So no, I don't think she thinking Shane's going to burst through the front gate in any minute. And all she can do as an alpha female is to embrace nearest alpha male and get a family full alpha childes, plus a white picket fence. Or then she shagging him, because she wants to feel something.

Don't know what's the ultimate reason. I'm just a male and I don't know the depths of female mind, even if I wanted to.

I am very interested to find out what happens to Maggie and Glenn at Woodbury. I have read the comics, and I know what could potentially happen, but I find it unlikely AMC would approve what happens in the comics for TV.

Can't wait for Sunday

I don't know if they're going to get out okay. Merle and Governor aren't really known for letting people off easily. So it might be as well be that they come back as zombies or without having few digits. And no, I don't like that situation at all.

Check the last season final episode, and you'll see she was among the people when Rick told them that Shane turned to zombie and hence he had to be put down. So no, I don't think she thinking Shane's going to burst through the front gate in any minute. And all she can do as an alpha female is to embrace nearest alpha male and get a family full alpha childes, plus a white picket fence. Or then she shagging him, because she wants to feel something.

Don't know what's the ultimate reason. I'm just a male and I don't know the depths of female mind, even if I wanted to.

I do not think Andrea was part of that group. She was in the house when RIck left with Shane and she never met up Rick again.

You might be right and I might be completely wrong, but I thought they all came out when Rick and Carl approached the house. And I thought it was absolutely clear to everyone that Shane wasn't with them ... or then as I'm thinking it now, it was Rick who told by the camp fire that Shane turned on him.

So apologies FireDragon-16. It was my bad.

Another great episode, although for me it was not as good as the previous one. But then that would have taken some doing.

Perhaps the most disturbing thing was the phone call. Of course you really wanted there to be someone on the other end, but I just felt it was not going to be a happy solution. It was kind of nice to see Rick back with the group and seeming to be happy with the baby, but you get the feeling that he is cracked right down the middle and there is a long way for him to come back now.

The best part for me was split between Daryl finding Carol, amid all the death and destruction, a genuine smile inducing and heart warming moment; and the very end with the walkers (and one extra at he gate).

She wasn't in the group. She got left behind at the farm because T-Dog saw her go down in a group of walkers so they all assumed she hadn't made it. That's how she ended up with Michonne.

Just watched this now. Another very good episode. I loved what they did with the telephone.

Tiny gripe: Maggie and Glenn are both experienced, both had guns pointing right at Mad Merle and yet neither took him down. That seemed a little bit unrealistic (in a zombie apocalypse context), but, as I said, that's a very minor point in an otherwise great episode.

This is a great show. I'm baffled as to why Channel 5 moved it over to 5* (Freeview channel 30).

This is a great show. I'm baffled as to why Channel 5 moved it over to 5* (Freeview channel 30).

Maybe they are trying to kill the audience as they did with the Breaking Bad.

Why?

Well, I can only speculate that The Walking Dead series is rubbing the channel bosses in wrong way, and since a large part of UK population are able to view it, they have to do something to keep it from getting successful.

I just hope it doesn't get snaffled by Sky the way House and Dexter did.

I don't have much cash for DVD boxsets, and Game of Thrones is expensive enough as it is.

I think its going to get taken up buy Sky only too, generally because its a great show and Freeview doesnt seem to keep those!!!

I did like the way Michonne dealt with those guys that came after her, and Merle is such a pain I really dont like the character. I can imagine Glen and Maggie are in for it now...

Im not impressed with Andrea falling for the bad guy - again!

And it looks like Rick has finally realised his head is not in a good place, nice to see him come back to the group and his family. Im sorry but we're not seeing enough of the original group in the Prison - Im not interested in the Woodbury characters

Back