4.01: The Walking Dead - 30 Days Without An Accident

Livestock is shot full of medicines to help prevent disease; stop doing this and there will be consequences. It can be safely assumed that there are no farmers amongst the survivors and probably no-one has thought about doing this. It's interesting to see them keeping a pig when there are supermarkets full of food; and 1 pig amongst a community? Who's going to kill it and cook it? Very dangerous when it's much easier to open a tin! This is quite unlikely tbh.

Don't forget everyone is infected with the virus, so perhaps a diseased infecting a person could lead to all sorts of weird and wonderful mutations. Looks like that poor lad has become 'zombified' without even dying. Which raises some interesting possibilities. Perhaps those who mutate before dying are a new breed who are intelligent and are possibly even capable of disguising their mutation. Perhaps they are able to direct the dead zombies. Perhaps they are able to infect others to become like them. Perhaps they can be cured and turned back 'normal'.

Livestock is shot full of medicines to help prevent disease; stop doing this and there will be consequences. It can be safely assumed that there are no farmers amongst the survivors and probably no-one has thought about doing this. It's interesting to see them keeping a pig when there are supermarkets full of food; and 1 pig amongst a community? Who's going to kill it and cook it? Very dangerous when it's much easier to open a tin! This is quite unlikely tbh.

But it's been months since the fall, so I imagine that much of the available stock of tins has been consumed already. There is also a lot more danger involved in foraging in ever-widening circles for food, as opposed to growing (or rearing) your own.

Don't forget everyone is infected with the virus, so perhaps a diseased infecting a person could lead to all sorts of weird and wonderful mutations. Looks like that poor lad has become 'zombified' without even dying.

Pretty sure he died before he came back.

If he died, it was a pretty quick working disease he caught. I got the feeling that he'd 'turned' whilst still alive. I may be wrong, but when it showed a close-up of his eyes, there looked to be a kind of evil intelligence there that we do not normally see in other walking dead.

If I'm right and this is some kind of intelligent walking dead, we are talking a completely different ballgame. No longer are they cannon-fodder waiting meekly to have their brains stoved in , they would be capable of (ir)rational thought; just as desirous of consuming the living,but more devious and tactical, possibly able to direct the dead as an army.

If this were true, the group would be in a whole heap of trouble!

Perhaps it simply is a virulent disease that kills people quickly, but it would make for an interesting storyline if I was right.

As for livestock vs tins, I agree that the start of self-sufficiency is a good idea, but 1 pig isn't going to get you very far! Then there are the considerations of vaccinations and disease, before considering killing it, butchering it and cooking it safely. Much easier to go vegitarian and cultivate the land. Again not as easy as it sounds. They've already swapped the perfect setting for crop growing on the farm for Goethe safety of the prison. we've seen there are supermarkets still full of untouched provisions; at least another 5-10 years of food there.

My husband mentioned something about 'intelligent walking dead' - the way they're grouping at the fences and not spreading out any more. They're learning...

Also, a big thing was made of the kid that got sick shaking Daryl's hand (after Daryl made a show of licking his fingers) at the time I thought it amusing but after the episode I can see it carrying weight with some sort of virus/disease outbreak.

Loved the episode. The tension was awesome. They are all far too stuck in their ways - it's all gonna implode. :D

Back