How is everybody doing?

First 10,000 words of one manuscript out on submission. Have a re-write and re-submit for another manuscript. (have till march to do this.) Just started looking at a first draft of a WIP I set aside earlier this year. Have about 50,000 words of the first book done and about 25,000 words of the second. It's a duology.

Welcome back :)

My writing had ground to a halt since taking on another school in Sept (the worst experience of my teaching career - hence the lack of produce) but since I handed my notice in and quit in December, I have found my groove.

So I'm working on my 10k scifi story 'The Wall' and the albatross of 'Sour Ground' - full length story.

Seems like a lot of people have had a slump. Altho some (looking askance at a certain Magic Roundabout character...) are doing quite well :D

pH

Welcome back :)

My writing had ground to a halt since taking on another school in Sept (the worst experience of my teaching career - hence the lack of produce) but since I handed my notice in and quit in December, I have found my groove.

So I'm working on my 10k scifi story 'The Wall' and the albatross of 'Sour Ground' - full length story.

Seems like a lot of people have had a slump. Altho some (looking askance at a certain Magic Roundabout character...) are doing quite well :D

pH

was it really that BAD?

I've shelved HB, having been rejected or ignored by all UK agents. C is with my first beta-reader, and I've added 6,000 words to P, which has been a struggle. I also have two short stories and a poem awaiting their fate.

Hi,
I just randomly popped back up here too. I have been doing okayish, my writing fares a lot better than I. I wrote and completed a short story for a scholarship.

I have been working on fanfictions and my ever bothersome story Daughter of Death. combined they have over 100k words I think. Today was the first day since Aug. that I actually worked on Daughter of death and I only added 322 words, but that's better than nothing.

In other news, I was the Mayor of Munchkin City and Nikko in the Wizard of Oz at my school.

fishii

That's damn organised... or because that's the winter solstice?:)

It's the first day of my winter break (2 1/2 weeks); and only Xmas Day when I won't be writing... I like to start a new novel at the beginning of a college holiday - preferably the six week sunmmer one - as then I work up a good momentum that carries me through to the end of the book a few months later.

Nice to see you back.

My writing's going well. Presently editing my 90K, and worked out there's a sequel waiting in the wings for it. I've got a new side project (my relaxation piece) that's shaping up nicely in spare moments, and I'm making notes for a possible short, too. So, all in all, not bad. :)

I am finding myself with less and less time to write as work becomes insanely busy and the holidays are starting. It's depressing.

I write whenever I can, but I'm also reading a really good series (I have so many books just waiting for me to get to them) and of course my family comes first.

Oy.

Back