Destroyer Trilogy: free for 5 days only

I don't own a Kindle, nor do I know anything about the reading format. Without a Kindle can it still be downloaded and read?

Thanks Brian! Will give it a go by and by.

Austin, not tried this myself as I have a Kindle but I'm pretty sure you can get apps (free, I think) that enable you to read Kindle e-books on PC or via mobile.

@Wyld-Cat and @elvet - Destroyer, book 1, Kindle version, is finally available on Amazon.ca. :)

I don't own a Kindle, nor do I know anything about the reading format. Without a Kindle can it still be downloaded and read?

Yes - the Kindle App for PC. You're in Australia, right? If so, here's the link: https://www.amazon.com.au/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp

I've got them, thanks (I didn't get an email but)
And thanks for the beta acknowledgement!
Screenshot...
Screenshot_20200822-044214.jpg

Last edited:
@Wyld-Cat and @elvet - Destroyer, book 1, Kindle version, is finally available on Amazon.ca. :)

Yes - the Kindle App for PC. You're in Australia, right? If so, here's the link: https://www.amazon.com.au/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp
Thanks again, Brian. I got the app on my iPad, and have the books downloaded. (y):giggle:

Hello Brian !
My issue is with Kindle pricing! It's like buying a book a month to have Kindle :sick: Not to my liking!
I don't buy that many ebooks or books in general, but at least they are mine to keep!
I'm sorry I am just not a big fan of Kindle ! ! !

How much is Kindle Unlimited in Canada?
It's available for CDN$9.99 a month and you can cancel anytime. Try it free for 30 days.
Q: How can I access Kindle Unlimited books?
A: You can find Kindle Unlimited books everywhere you shop for Kindle books today.

I like Kindle Unlimited because, yes, there are some months where I only find one book I want to read on KU, and that makes the price seem high ... but then I factor in all the months when I read three, four, or five books for that same price, and it looks like a very good deal indeed. Binge-reading a series I had not been familiar with before can be a particular pleasure when discovering a new-to-me author, whose work I might not have even tried were it not for my KU subscription.

Also if you want to own the book (if, for instance, like me, you tend to reread books you particularly like) the price of most of those books to buy is usually quite reasonable. I have bought books I first read on Kindle Unlimited, because after reading them I did want to own them, and most of them were less than 5 US dollars to buy them for my Kindle device.

But if you are not an avid reader; if you don't read many books in the average month, then, no, it's not a particularly good deal.

K.U. is losing money on my wife and I. Between my wife 15-25 books a month, me 3-8. (Sometimes my wife buys some of her books, I almost never do.... one a month at most.)

Click on the "buy" link for "0.00" underneath - that should do it. :)

I'm really sorry for the issue with Amazon Canada at the moment - the ebook is simply delayed, as for some reason Amazon.ca thought Destroyer was a public domain work and refused to stock the ebook. However, I've been chasing this up via support and expect it to go up very soon. Even after Sunday, Destroyer will only be $0.99 anyway.
typical, can't get it here without a fee.

One problem with this launch is that because Amazon approved the second book, Survivor, last, it appeared first on the Amazon listings. That resulted in a lot more people from Amazon downloading that book instead of the first book in the trilogy. Reviews and ratings for Survivor seem to reflect this, with a string of low star reviews because people didn't appear to realize it was the middle book in the trilogy. As one person commented, "There seemed to be something missing from the start." Um, yes - book 1! :(

Many thanks @tinkerdan for highlighting some remaining typos in the series, which have now been corrected.

If you want to update your copies to the latest versions:

1. Go to:

Amazon.com: www.amazon.com/mycd
Amazon UK: www.amazon.co.uk/mycd

2. Select the three Destroyer books

3. Deliver to your device

In the meantime, it would be wonderful to get a few more GoodReads ratings or short Amazon reviews from members of chrons - I think I have 2-3 at the moment.

FYI; Amazon US does not show an update available.
Just checked before posting this.

It doesn't show an update as available because it's only a minor change - but if you select to resend to your device, the updated version will appear. :)