Modern Fantasy Authors. No Self Promotion, Please.

I've just tried a sample of the first Athena Club and thought that was amusing, with all the characters sticking their opinions in while the manuscript was being written. Added to my to read.

I'm going to hype up one of my favourite new authors again, M.M. Stauffer. Released his first book around 4 years ago so still fairly new and very underexposed. The final book in this series is due this year or early next (what with covid stuff delaying it) and it's the main read I'm looking forward to. The first book (which I love) is a little lighter than the rest, which take on a really good dark theme. It's honestly just a refreshing take on fantasy.

The Dragon Beshrewed

You can also get all 4 current books on kindle for less than a regular paperback :)

I've just tried a sample of the first Athena Club and thought that was amusing, with all the characters sticking their opinions in while the manuscript was being written. Added to my to read.

I can imagine some readers would be irritated by that, but I found it a feature rather than a bug. I expect most writers have various voices harping on some aspect of their writing and this was an amusing way to be self-referential and meta while also including the writer's annoyance.

I'm going to hype up one of my favourite new authors again, M.M. Stauffer. Released his first book around 4 years ago so still fairly new and very underexposed. The final book in this series is due this year or early next (what with covid stuff delaying it) and it's the main read I'm looking forward to. The first book (which I love) is a little lighter than the rest, which take on a really good dark theme. It's honestly just a refreshing take on fantasy.

The Dragon Beshrewed

You can also get all 4 current books on kindle for less than a regular paperback :)
You've convinced me, have ordered them on kindle. Strange book two is split in two. Also bought a glimpse into Tatterwing Hunt.

@nixie I would have read the first one before buying the others but :)

None of them are particularly long novels, and the 2 part book isn't really 1 split in half as there was a conclusion to part 1. It's weird.

But yea, let us know what you think of it once you've had a read - and the magic system which I reckon is great.

@nixie I would have read the first one before buying the others but :)

None of them are particularly long novels, and the 2 part book isn't really 1 split in half as there was a conclusion to part 1. It's weird.

But yea, let us know what you think of it once you've had a read - and the magic system which I reckon is great.
It takes a lot for me to give up on a series, it really has to be dire. Once I start I need to find out the outcome.

It takes a lot for me to give up on a series, it really has to be dire. Once I start I need to find out the outcome.
Yea, I'm the same way. Really drives me up the wall sometimes, especially when there's no end in sight *cough cough*