Best Fictional Aliens

The Wunch from Charles Stross's "Accelerando". "We like to experience other cultures" = "We like to eat aliens"

Mimics from Edge of Tomorrow.
I like that you didn't really get to see them for most of the film. They were mostly flash-glimpse-death.
There may also be the case made for them that they killed Tom Cruise... A LOT!
Also
The extra-terrestrial life in the film Monsters.
They were were oddly beautiful and graceful, for the most part.

Of course, as your post specifies, those are fictional aliens...

Otherwise I would vote for myself you puny Earthling !!

The Broa are a little known alien species.

They are the antagonists in Michael McCollum's Gibraltar trilogy. They control an economic empire of thousands of stars and destroy any species that does not submit to their control.

Only one Broa ever meets humans but the author introduces Broan characters explaining their responses to human probes into their empire.

I like the Atevi in C.J. Cherryh's Foreigner universe. They seem to be well thought out and other than form, very truly alien in thought and action.

I'd also go for the Alien and the Thing. Neither is very biologically feasible, but they're certainly scary.

The Idirans from Consider Phlebas were vicious fanatics, and made for excellent villains. Banks generally writes good aliens. The Yilane from Harry Harrison's West of Eden books were technically from Earth, but they were very well thought out. Wells' Martians were a clever extrapolation of Darwinism, especially for the time of writing.

And, of course, the Clangers.

p07j475t.jpg

I'd also go for the Alien and the Thing. Neither is very biologically feasible, but they're certainly scary.

The Idirans from Consider Phlebas were vicious fanatics, and made for excellent villains. Banks generally writes good aliens. The Yilane from Harry Harrison's West of Eden books were technically from Earth, but they were very well thought out. Wells' Martians were a clever extrapolation of Darwinism, especially for the time of writing.

And, of course, the Clangers.

p07j475t.jpg
Are they washable and wrinkle resistant?

The Alien
The Predator
When those two are on screen together, it always feels like the names are the wrong way round. The "Predators" are an advanced spacefaring alien civilisation, who hunt for cultural reasons. The "Aliens" are more like animals, voracious predators / parasitoids just looking to eat whatever they can find.

When those two are on screen together, it always feels like the names are the wrong way round. The "Predators" are an advanced spacefaring alien civilisation, who hunt for cultural reasons. The "Aliens" are more like animals, voracious predators / parasitoids just looking to eat whatever they can find.

Interesting take .:unsure::)