How to Open a Door

Gotta say, this is one of my least favorite behaviors. I can tolerate trolls more than people who drop in only to gather and never to sow.
Maybe you shouldn't assume the worst, and he was actually run over by a bus.

Hi,

Sorry, wasn't saying anything about you if that's what you think. Just having a little fun with sknox's comment and your reply. Ie the troll was driving the bus. It made for an amusing, somewhat incongruous picture in my head.

Cheers, Greg.

OK, here is one more very silly way to open this welded shut door. Breaching charges from the inside.
Granted, this is a very bad idea, but as for silly solutions, why not?
And since these are the stories main characters, save it for the right time in the story as it will be dramatic. ;)

If you're still stuck and looking for a solution:
I'm not sure what sonic force is, but what if the team works together to repair the embedded lasers so the door can be opened? That could make for a suspenseful action sequence.

Making the door a little less utterly impenetrable is also an option.... it doesn't NEED to have so many levels of security that it's functionally impossible to ever re-open, just enough that the lockdown can't be broken too easily.

Making the door a little less utterly impenetrable is also an option.... it doesn't NEED to have so many levels of security that it's functionally impossible to ever re-open, just enough that the lockdown can't be broken too easily.
It turns out, the author knows the person who designed and built the door ;)