Hi! Is Dr Who still on? Talk To me!!!!

Asmiley

lost in Time
I go to Acen every year. and now I go to 2 scifi c
Awsome Movie! The show still on? Talk to me!

Image99108.gif
I Think the show is absolutley awsome. I thought it was cancelled. What channel is it on???? I've looked for it and can't find it is it on cable or Local channels? I used to watch it all the time when I was little.
Image43.gif

I own the Dr Who Movie. :cool: Have you seen it? It is pretty awesome. :) And It Was supposed to happen in 1999-2000 on December 30th to New Years day. I didn't see any Special clock then. But it was still and is still an awesome movie. :cool:

[Edited by Asmiley on 02-08-2001 at 07:27 PM]

Hi there! Welcome!

Yes, Doctor Who IS awesome.

As to whether it's still on, that depends on where you are. I'm in Australia and as far as I know it's not on anywhere. The ABC, the national broadcaster, still has the rights here, I think, and it hasn't been on for ages.

As for the movie, I still firmly believe that the doctor DOESN"T go around kissing...girls or anything. He's just not that kind of guy. Just keep him supplied with djelibeybi's and he's happy!

Keep on posting, asmiley :D

LOL!

I don't really remember too much about the show except for that he liked hanging out with people on, or from earth and that they would always have a crazytime trying to stay out of trouble. :D Oh and that the tartus would break down every so often and they'd end up somewhere really wierd. :)

lurk.gif

Sorry, I don't mean to be picky :)

The doctor fangs around in a TARDIS - Time And Relative Dimensions In Space.

Brilliant technology that just breaks down all the time and needs a good kick to get it going again! :D

i watched this growing up too, it was the cybermen that
used to terrify me, ended up watching the end from behind
the sofa. they were showing re-runs a while back, on cable
channel 8 i think, but thats in the u.k, are they making
another film? i thought i heard they were trying to choose
another dr. if i find out, i'll let you know...peachy

Well I live in Iowa in and its on Iowa Public Telivision but I don't know about anywhere else?

Originally posted by peachy
They were showing re-runs a while back, on cable
channel 8 i think, but thats in the u.k, are they making
another film? i thought i heard they were trying to choose
another Dr.

The UK Gold channel (cable channel 19) still show it on Sunday mornings along with Blakes' 7.

As for a new film.... they are always saying this. I wouldn't hold your breath. The idea of the last film was that it was set in USA, with an actor also known outside the UK, and some female interest, to appeal to a larger audience. There was meant to be a series to follow.
But it dived in the ratings and that was that!

Being a typically British product, somehow, like Monty Pythons Flying Circus, it seems to be more popular in America now than it ever was originally in the UK.

The BBC, in the past anyway, never saw programmes such as Science Fiction on a par with their Costume Dramas, and always being short of cash, the BBC never put much money into it. Hence, it looks, and really was, very cheaply made. Some of the stories and concepts were great though.

[Edited by david676 on 02-11-2001 at 06:06 PM]

Dr. Who

I haven't seen the movie. Who played Dr. Who?

I was turned on to Dr. Who when Tom Baker played Doctor #4. Big smile, huge blue eyes, reddish curly hair. What a cutie, and what a personality. I would have loved to make a scarf that long.

What was the movie character like?

:rolly2:

I neither hav seen the movie , but i hav an urgant question to ask anyone. The show has also stopped here in new zealand. Does anyone know when it is coming back on? It is only half way through the Doctors...

half way through what? I don't get the show here so please explain. I don't remember alot of it but I do know it was a great show.

As for the movie I'll have to watch it again but I think it's the same guy who plays Wonka in the "WIlly Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" Movie.

Hee-hee. scarf that long...;) You sew? I do.

response to nicscifi

Half way through the doctors? which doctor did the show stop at?

Anway, eveyone, I use to get Dr. Who on PBS, which is KQED where I am at in the local station..haven't seen Dr. Who running, though in a long time.
:crying: