1.01: Welcome To The Hellmouth

markpud

Former Ascifi.com mod
1.01: Welcome To The Hellmouth, Part I

Buffy Summers has moved to Sunnydale with her mom, but soon discovers the quiet life she seeks may not be forthcoming, as her new friends soon discover

Angel, "A friend"
Buffy, "Yeah, well maybe I don't need a friend"
Angel, "I didn't say I was your".

The first time they met...very cool.

the finished scene was actually re-shot at the end of the filming for S1 as Joss didn't like the way the original looked. Oh and it was a stunt double...

Have just watched this episode again due to the fact that nothing was on TV and also to test DVD set.

I was amazed at the Buffy gang. How they've changed from S1 to S5. Angel looked soooo young.

It also reminded me of how things started and how the Buffy gang became involved with Slaying. Still enjoyable!!!!!!!

Annette :D

David Boreanaz being human kind of puts a strain on the never ageing thing.

thats a prob with another of my fave shows, highlander. THey're supposed to be immortatl, but they end up looking older, esp if you compare Christopher Lambert from 1986 (orig Highlander film) to 1998 (Endgame)

Well I don't particularly mind the fact, but I've seen in other programmes of directors sacking people because they are ageing too much for the character.

Okay I just started watching Buffy for the first time this past week. Never watched it before because I didn't get a channel it was on. Now I get FX and they are showing Buffy.

I found this an intersting episode. We are introduced to Buffy the slayer who doesn't want to be a slayer. Then there is Giles who just can't quite understand how she can not want to be.

Willow who can't believe that someone actually wants to be her friend. and of course Xander, Cordelia and Angel.

Just loved the way Angel and Buffy met, the mystery and tension.

I started watching it when FX began showing it as well and got hooked. I'm waiting for the first season DVD set to come out. I've got it on pre-order. ;)

I liked the first time meeting between Giles and Buffy. He's so excited the slayer is there and then he gets all embarrassed thinking he'd made a mistake in identities when Buffy runs after seeing that book he slams down on the counter.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Annette

I was amazed at the Buffy gang. How they've changed from S1 to S5. Angel looked soooo young.

Yeah Angel did look really young in the first season...its funny coz I don't really notice it until you go back and watch the first ones!

Originally posted by Vampyre
I'm asking MythingLink.

1st Season DVD of Buffy was just shipped yesterday. I got mine from Amazon. Region 1 for the us of A. ;)

Cheers,

Ah, I thought you meant that season 1 had only just been released...I thought you might have lived in Tibet.:D