What Game Are You Currently Playing?

I loaded Mass Effect 2 up for the first time in ages. It dates back to the time when men were men and the galaxy was full of chest-high walls to lean around and shoot over. Overall, it's really good, far better than the Dragon Age games, and the sheer amount of stuff to do and look at is amazing. The graphics are great for its time. Certain elements don't really work, especially the tedious planet-scanning, which must be the most boring use of a probe in sci-fi history. But generally speaking, it's really impressive.

I'm not playing it at the moment, but I did purchase the new DLC for Factorio, Space Age tonight - it officially released today.

This might be a big time-sink mistake....

I was watching Cromwell the other day with Richard Harris in the title role. It's encouraged me to fire up Pike and Shot. I suppose you'd describe it as tabletop miniatures on the PC set (obviously) in a time period with pikes and muskets. I downloaded The Battle Of Dunbar scenario (1650) but so far (playing as the Covenanters) I've been unable to defeat Cromwell's New Model Army.

I just finished Still Wakes The Deep. Set on an oil rig off the coast of Scotland it's a Lovecraftian horror walking sim. The story is excellent and the voice acting superb and all in Scottish accents. If you liked Alien: Isolation then this is a great game to try.

Back