August photography challenge - Discussions

Thank you sooo much for the kind words Hoopy :p It's actually the first time I've constructed a photo. And, you're right, it was a lot of fun doing it (despite losing a nail - I had the lighter angled wrong and managed to burn it off trying to get all those candles lit).

Holy crap! OK, that's a lot worse than burning a bit of ground. Man, you suffered for your art!

Holy crap! OK, that's a lot worse than burning a bit of ground. Man, you suffered for your art!

It's true... I did! In the end I just had to file my nail down to get rid of the black bit! It meant have one nail shorter than the rest, but I just about pulled through it... At least my art is appreciated during my life time :D

Just thinking about it has brought the pain of losing that nail back to me... there's nothing left for it but to drink this glass of wine beside me (there was no Crabbies in the shop :p)!!!!!

Lots of great photos this month I see.
Looking forward to jump back into the game starting next month. So far haven't yet voted, but will get around to it.

Oops, I took some pictures and was going to post them on Saturday, but I got wrapped up in the Doctor Who marathon and didn't remember. Two in a row I've missed now.

What the heck is a Crabbie? It doesn't sound like something one ought to drink, exactly.

Thanks for the lovely summary, LittleMissy, and to you and PM both for the mentions - that's made my morning.:)

It was a very tough decision, but eventually my vote went to Hoopy. Well done to everyone!

Mmm, honey mead...

Yeah, similar, it is a sweet drink. But where mead tends to be quite smooth, Crabbies has a definite spiciness to it and is a little bit bubbly. Very refreshing. I'm mad for anything ginger, so it's a favourite drink of mine.

Some brilliant entries, but the ones I kept coming back to were Hoopy's. I love the colours and the vibrancy, and I could easily imagine them framed on one of my walls.

Mind you, there are quite a few photos this month that I could happily imagine on my wall - but I do love the subject so much!

And thank you to Alchemist for the vote - it's really given me a boost!:D

Ooh, Teresa! Thank you lots for the vote. :D :D

I voted for SF's first photo. I liked it the moment you posted it. It's very stark and what's the word. I just keep looking at it.

Also really like Allanon's though I think you're missing out on votes by not having the photos in the thread unfortunately. Really like Hoopy's arrow, Missy's light...

The sunset ones are brilliant but our house is full of photos like that so they don't draw my attention as much as they should. There's four in our lounge. My mum loves 'em!

I managed to whittle my six favourites down to three... and then finally, and reluctantly, just the one: -

HoopyFrood

I love the 'Crabbies' shot (as I have now dubbed it :p), the light arrow and the hint of colour there was just gorgeous.

I'm sorry I couldn't vote for you all :(

The poll is closed, and Hoopy takes out the August challenge! Congrats, Hoops. I look forward to your theme this month (and also hopefully getting the time to participate...).

Congratulations Hoopy! I didn't get a chance to vote this month as I've been running about after a crazy 5 year old, but I was going to vote for Hoopy anyway, so I am glad.

Congratulations Hoopy, a deserved win - and everyone else should be proud because there were some really good entries this month!

Congratulations Hoopy! I love both of yours.

I also meant to give special mention to Leisha's pics as they would have got my vote, if Hoopy hadn't taken part.

Thank you to Mouse for the vote - had me singing and dancing around the kitchen!:D

Now, looking forward to a challenging theme for next month . . . .

Woo! Thanks, everyone. I have been on the mega shift at work today and so have only just got chance to sit down at the laptop, but this is one way to perk up a person! Thanks for the deloightful messages, all.

Theme...right...yeah, one of those bad boys. I have an idea. You may not like it :D