What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

I've been watching (up to ep9 of 12, on Netflix) a sci-fi animation, Scavengers Reign, set on an alien planet after a spacecraft crash. The alien ecology is very inventive, especially regarding symbiosis, but often seems essentially random in terms of the human castaways being able to make use of it -- you'd have thought the amount of trial and error necessary would have resulted in death many times over.

I finished this a few days ago, but I'm mentioning it again because I just read some reviews on IMDB, which seem to almost equate watching it to a religious experience. Has anyone else seen it? I found it visually inventive but pretty bland otherwise.

I finished this a few days ago, but I'm mentioning it again because I just read some reviews on IMDB, which seem to almost equate watching it to a religious experience. Has anyone else seen it? I found it visually inventive but pretty bland otherwise.
I just watched ep1-7 last night and thought it's a fun story with a lot of character intertwining. And a lot of flashbacks too!
To me, the artwork was a mix of Fantastic Planet and Annihilation.

The story also has aspects (As you saw) of Invasions of the Body Snatchers, Starship Troopers Brain Bugs, A twist on Star Treks Tribbles (cute cuddly and oh so numbing), and what to me looked like the Luke into the Tauntaun scene from Empire without the Tauntaun being dead for that bit of symbiosis. OK, so it was a psyc creature, and the human and it lived off of each other.

The goo and plants that alter the robots AI and also add senses to it was a nice twist, while it lasted as of ep7.

It is fun but OK so far as the constant intertwining and flashbacks are a bit much for me.

THE AVENGERS: The Superlative Seven -- Steed is kidnapped along with Charlotte Rampling and Brian Blessed and taken to an island run by Donald Sutherland.

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: The Code - First episode of season 4 finds Leonard Nimoy joining to break a code and prevent a Latin American invasion. Kind of jarring where he speaks into a hand held communicator device talks to a different Jim.

CANNON: The Limping Man - Anthony Zerbe is an ex-cop with a limp and a grudge against another cop and Frank is caught in the middle and crowds them from both sides.

BARETTA- Walk Like You Talk --Odd episode where his partner who is high on speed seems to agree to taking a $40 000 bribe from drug mule Conrad Janis and is forced to wear a wire to spy on fellow cops. Baretta is brought before a panel to testify because a fellow cop who dreams of being a Hollywood writer makes up some stories about him. In the end Fred eats some matzo balls.

THE WILD WILD WEST - The Night of the Avaricious Actuary- Tongue twister title for a story that fits strongly into the classic "James Bond in the Old West" theme of the series--involving a super weapon that is basically a giant tuning fork. Due to an injury Ross Martin was subbed by someone else during a disguise scene which is kind of jarring.

MANNIX - The Crime that Wasn't - Two couples witness a murder and are under threat by a mobster. Joe gets involved and has to break through the wall of silence--which he does with some help from ... Jacqueline Susann!

CANNON- Trial By Terror -- Frank is hired to find the daughter of a judge being blackmailed into throwing a case. At one point he goes to a woman comic book artist who has some characters named "Captain Great" and Abar (looks like Conan with a cape). Frank says he has hope one day he will wake up and look like Captain America.

Douglas is Cancelled.

Anyone else seen this? I ended up watching all 4 episodes back to back. It takes you in all sorts of different directions emotionally.

Scavengers Reign
After reading your earlier post, I looked for this on Netflix and I couldn't find it. I'll go back now and search for it now on the title. Netflix always seems to hide things I'd most like to see, while promoting things that I've seen already. Even though it knows what I've watched already, it annoyingly promotes old seasons of shows to me, dressed up as the next. It just wastes my time. It been more helpful if they just put everything in alphabetical order.

Edit: Found it (would never have seen it!)

Last edited:
IRONSIDE -The Machismo Bag -- rather dramatic story about a Mexican revolutionary (A Martinez)who wants to be martyred for his political cause and despises his soldier father (Vito Scotti who I usually associate with comedy parts). Mark Sanger as usual is the one who starts the ball rolling being called an Uncle Tom and taunted by the activists. Can the Chief prevent a race war from breaking out?
He only has 48 minutes to do it!

Deep Space Nine Season 1 Ep. 11 The Nagus - which I utterly bolloxed up before a word of dialogue when the mysterious hooded stranger enters DS9 holding a ceremonial stick:

vlcsnap-2024-07-01-22h54m44s079.png

My cry of "Merchandising!" had the both of us in the giggles up till past the end of the credits.

The Grand Nagus has the lobes for business.

MAN IN A SUITCASE - Man From the Dead -- Never heard of this show before. This is the pilot. I'll check out a couple more episodes.

SARGE - Quicksilver -- Japanese Catholic kills himself the samurai way which is strange and looks like a murder disguised as a suicide. There's a scene that could also be from a Naked Gun film where Sarge has to fight someone in the church while a sermon for deaf parishioners is being carried out.

THE ROCKFORD FILES - The Dexter Crisis - Jim goes to Las Vegas to find someone who ran off with $300 000 while hounded by a rival investigator who broke his nose once and he didn't get pay back ("I had the flu--was off my game."). He is reluctant to hit the guy but then finally does.
"There's a reason I didn't do that before: I think I broke my hand!"

MAN IN A SUITCASE - Man From the Dead -- Never heard of this show before.
Really? In the 1970/80's it used to be on British TV in re-runs in the afternoons endlessly, even though there was only one series made. Maybe that's the reason though. Not enough episodes for syndication in North America?

I expect they are discussing the themes in the final episode - the meaning of life, revival, rebirth, renewal?

I enjoyed it. It had original ideas, but not something I'd say was a 'must see'.

I think I'm going to watch Star Trek: Prodigy next, which has a second season. Up to now no one on SFF Chrons has talked about it, except for a thread regarding Kate Mulgrew's involvement. I'm assuming that's because it is animation aimed at teenagers, but other online comments say it is well written, very faithful to canon, and that it drops easter eggs that only die hard fans would understand or spot, so I'll give it a go.

SHAFT - The Killing -After an ex-girlfriend is beaten up by a pimp (Michael Pataki), Shaft gets framed for his murder. Albert Popwell appears briefly as a rival pimp (and would be seen more prominently a few months later in Magnum Force). Someone who falls out of a building to the street lands on a very visible air bag. There's an odd scene where Shaft finds a bag of white powder in an apartment belonging to the deceased pimp. Plaster of Paris. It is never explained why the pimp would have a small bag of plaster of Paris. We assume that Standards and Practices wouldn't let them identify it as cocaine.

I, Claudius

Watching for the fifth or sixth time. What a marvellous adaptation of Graves' novels. George Baker and Brian Blessed are on top form in this series.
"Is there anyone in Rome who hasn't slept with my daughter!?!"

The Wild Wild West -"The Night of Miguelito's Revenge" - First episode with Artie off in Washington and replaced with Jeremy Pike. There's a particularly creepy steampunk robot assassin in this--maybe because it is a giant guy operated by Dr. Loveless.

Harry O - Forty Reasons To Kill- two parter in which he has to find out why a hippie was killed before he gets shot for a murder frame and being a fugitive (again).