What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

Just watched the final episode of Death Parade. I haven’t seen a whole lot of anime but I was impressed by this series. It’s definitely worth a look:)

THE WILD WILD WEST - The Night of the Tycoons - Last episode without Artemus Gordon but also the last episode that aired. I decided to watch them in production order instead. No mention of him at all in this one where the replacement partner is a young company executive/amateur pugilist who wants to beat James West in a fight but doesn't get the chance. Lots of henchmen fighting though and even a scene where West fights clowns. Ends with a joke you would not see on Star Trek.

THE WILD WILD WEST -The Night of the Diva - Artie is back from Washington finally. Clever twist on the Phantom of the Opera plot although it crossed my mind at one point. Good episode.

HUNTER - Playing God -- The writing of this show sure changed by the fourth season. It started off as a kind of dumb action show but they made it more serious and realistic.

Had a look at the new Tomb Raider animation on Netflix. Ruined within the first couple of minutes when it became clear the creators had never asked themselves the question: "Why should an audience fear for the safety of a character who can do a 50m long-jump and dig her dagger into solid rock?"

Then apparently my subconscious decided I needed to feel soiled, because it persuaded me to watch the first episode of Filthy Rich: Jeffrey Epstein.

But then! I found Kenneth Clark's 1969 series Civilisation on BBC iPlayer, and the internet is forgiven.

KOJAK - Slay Ride - Convention attendees are being thrown off rooftops and it links back to the suicide of a model from two years before. The score for this was more melodramatic than average and in one scene Kojak has to force a murder witness to reveal what she knows while she is suffering from narcotic withdrawal. The actress (Julie Greg) who I am not familiar with has to really emote and gasp while articulating a lot of exposition without it coming across like a Police Squad! scene. Premiered 50 years ago tonight.

McCLOUD - The Gang That Stole Manhattan - A crime organization uses the filming of a 1930s-era movie as cover for a jewel robbery masterminded by Fernando "you look marvelous" Lamas. Larry Hagman is the bumbling lead actor who is famous for being a tv detective and wants to help out on the case when McCloud is assigned to crowd control for the production.
We finally see Clifford's wife as he is constantly having fits of anxiety while they watch the late tv news revealing more problems for the police department.
Muriel Clifford: Would you like sleeping pill, darling?
Peter B. Clifford: You better bring the whole bottle. The one marked 'McCloud'!

Premiered 50 years ago tonight.

Recently watched almost all episodes of the Netflix show Heartstopper. It's one of my daughter's favorites and she wanted me to watch it too.

Episode 5 of Agatha All Along. Fairly big reveal at the end and looking forward to more episodes when they come out.

MANNIX - A Pittance of Faith-- A party girl commits suicide but some friends of her are convinced it was murder and hire Mannix to prove it. Her identical twin and modest sister laments the loss--but is she telling the truth about her feelings and her identity?

KOJAK - Nursemaid -- A witness in a mob murder has to be protected by Crocker and Kojak to testify for the grand jury. Premiered 50 years ago today.

McMILLAN & WIFE - A Game of Survival - A millionaire (Andrew Duggan) is eaten by his lions and suspicion falls on a hot-tempered tennis player as well as his trophy wife (Stephanie Powers) and son (George Maharis). Some good humor in this long episode. A very visibly expecting Sally is playing tennis (at pro level it seems) and complains that her game isn't as good as it should be. There's maybe one quick reference of a baby due but otherwise it is completely ignored just like in the previous episode. Delivered 50 years ago today.

Binged "White Lines" on Netflix. Enjoyed most of it as a relaxed show on weekend evenings with a drink. It is set on Ibiza with a lady from Manchester going over to look into the death of her older DJ brother from 20 years ago. As with a number of these thriller investigation shows the murdered person is one of those who enigmatic and inspiring types was at the centre of his friends universe when alive. Not totally original but has both good drama and some laughs. Also the plot doesn't get as convoluted as some shows do as they progress. But it does focus more on love stories after a while which is not what everyone wants from a thriller.
Plenty of people watched it and panned it, though it has very mixed reviews. I think with many of the characters being in their early 40s it probably does appeal more to people in that kind of late 30s to late 40s age group who were in to clubbing in their youth and perhaps recognise some of the tunes too.

Trying to catch up on:

All Creatures Great and Small - Enjoyed the return of Tristan (Callum Woodhouse) to the show.

Only Murders in the Building - Still have no idea who the murderer is. But I've never been very good at figuring these things out. I tend to just watch and let it be revealed to me rather than think about it too much.

I think a lot of murder investigation dramas have a somewhat random person do the murder. They try to make it surprising so a sudden motive usually appears in the final episode. Or the likely culprit is dismissed for some reason and then in the end did it. Still enjoyable though!

Trying to catch up on:

All Creatures Great and Small - Enjoyed the return of Tristan (Callum Woodhouse) to the show.

Only Murders in the Building - Still have no idea who the murderer is. But I've never been very good at figuring these things out. I tend to just watch and let it be revealed to me rather than think about it too much.
I think my interest in Only Murders in the Building is waning, there is a new episode today and I just haven't bothered to watch last week's yet.