The Dragon Has Three Heads

ChasenFate

Eventhough I have a few pages left on the book. I would like to get some thoughts on this. Who are the heads of the threes dragons?
1) Dany
2) Jon Snow....
3) ?...One of Robert's *******? Ameon did tell Sam that Stannis, Renly, and Robert had some of the dragon blood. I am not leaning too much on that one. I just remember Ameon said that they had a drop of the dragon blood.

Dany must be one.

Speculation as to others... Jon, Tyrion, Ben Plumm, Edric Storm, Arya, Arellas, Gendry...

Aahhh the eternal question. I was only thinking about this the other day (I'm sure there are plenty of threads that explore this topic, but no current ones at the moment!)

Aegon the Conqueror conquered Westeros with his two sisters/wives. That time, the three heads of the Dragon were one male, two females. So perhaps this time around the pattern will be the same?

Danny
/\
Jon Tyrion

Is my best guess. Or any variation of the three, but Danny as TPTWP seems more likely after AFFC. I'm also very partial to Culhwch's (i think, soz if it was someone else) wild fancy that Tyrion is Aery's ******* child on Joanna lannister and that Tywin slept with Aery's wife in retaliation, making danny ******* born as well. There's a symmetry to it that i like, plus the added bonus that they're not all 3 off their trolleys. :)

I agree with Dany and Jon, but I'm thinking the last might be Jaime. I'm not saying anything, I'm just saying.

My reasoning is that Tyrion is Tywin's true son as said a few times in the book, no mention of Jaime being Tywin's true son is made. That leaves Jaime conspicuously without a father.It would be a good posthumous joke on Tywin if Jaime and Cersei weren't his.

I have the weird feeling that Dany's conquest will in some way resemble the first conquest (sorry dont have the books with me). I'd say that Dany will have a man and another female as the three heads. I believe the male will be Jon or Tyrion, I'm leaning toward Tyion such he is (SPOILER COMMING) heading to Dany as it would seem. The female- no clue as of yet.

Dolorous Edd said:
Danny
/\
Jon Tyrion

Is my best guess. Or any variation of the three, but Danny as TPTWP seems more likely after AFFC. I'm also very partial to Culhwch's (i think, soz if it was someone else) wild fancy that Tyrion is Aery's ******* child on Joanna lannister and that Tywin slept with Aery's wife in retaliation, making danny ******* born as well. There's a symmetry to it that i like, plus the added bonus that they're not all 3 off their trolleys. :)

'Tis not my wild fancy, I'm afraid, Edd. Though if it comes off, I may still claim it...

Cssandra said:
Not to mention the crack Jamie's aunt made....

I don't think this was meant as a literal thing. Just that Tyrion has more of his father in him than Jaime does. Jaime's a Lannister through and through, but Tyrion's circumstances have made him into a man that resembles his father in deed and thought. I'm still for Tyrion as Tywin's get. And I don't see Jaime and Cersei not being Tywin's, either....

DE, I remember posting the theory that Aerys took Joanna Lannister by force. I don't know that I was the first and I don't know that it was the soundedst theory. You know me, always espousing something ridiculous just to have a point.

I'd like to know what Raven thinks on this topic. He's the guy that thinks four or five steps down the road.

Yes, but she made that comment upon their birth, upon Tyruion's birth, did she not? I'll have to go look it up and view it in context

Jaime's aunt that is married to the Frey that got Riverrun did say that Tyrion was his father's son. She was referring to his mind..The way he thinks.

Sword of the Morning said:
I have the weird feeling that Dany's conquest will in some way resemble the first conquest (sorry dont have the books with me). I'd say that Dany will have a man and another female as the three heads.

I'm inclined to agree with you, Sword. Unless of course things are reversed, because Dany is a female, where Aegon was a male. In which case the two other heads of the Dragon will both be men.

In regards comments made about Tyrion being Tywins true son, I too think they were more in reference to his mind and character, rather than his genetics. But wouldn't it be a delicious irony if the only child that Tywin managed to father was the "monster" that he despised?

The Blackfish said:
In regards comments made about Tyrion being Tywins true son, I too think they were more in reference to his mind and character, rather than his genetics. But wouldn't it be a delicious irony if the only child that Tywin managed to father was the "monster" that he despised?

I agree about Tyrion. He and his father are almost the same man in two different bodies, if you think of it. Both began their lives dealing with constant mockery, always having to prove themselves, always having to think ahead of the game. Jaime and Cersei- they had everything. They never needed to think, or defend themselves, or prove themselves to anyone. They just rode Tywin's coattails.

I don't think, however, that Tyrion is the only true child of Tywin's. That would be cliché, after the whole scenario with Robert and Cersei.

Which brings me to Jaime's dream about the silent sister: was that Joanna in his dream? If not, who was it? Any thoughts?

AryaUnderfoot said:
Which brings me to Jaime's dream about the silent sister: was that Joanna in his dream? If not, who was it? Any thoughts?

I'm thinking two possiblities. It is Joanna or Tysha daugther by Tyrion. She was a cousin to Tywin so the Lannister coloring would apply, but I'm got this feeling out of left field that the silent sister could be the a daughter of Tyrion and Tysha. Jaime did say that the silent sister age could be 15 or 50 (something like that).

Here is another what if. Lets say the mad king did have his way with Jonna, Tywin finds out, but has such love for Joanna that he can't killer. So she gets expelled rom Casterly Rock jions the silent sisters. All Tywin has to say is that Joanna died during Tyrion's birth. Any thoughts?

The Blackfish said:
can somone please refresh me about Jaime's dream? I lent my copy of AFfC to a friend and can't refer back to it at the moment ...

He dreamed that he was back standing vigil over his father's body, and all of a sudden a silent sister appeared. At first, he thought it was Cersei- she had green eyes and golden hair. She said "I am not your sister, Jaime... Have you forgotten me?"
Jaime thinks "Can I forget someone I never knew?" And then he realizes that he did know her, but it had been a very long time.

Personally, I think it MUST be Joanna. Why else would she cry when thinking of what Jaime and Cersei have become? Why else would she talk of Tywin, and tell Jaime that he never truly knew him?

::Tapping Watch::...Jesus Christ! Why must the time creep by?

Florian the Fool said:
It's another manifestation of Jaime's guilt about the man he has been, and his determination to become someone better.

I like that analogy Florian.

Back