The Dragon Has Three Heads

Hi Delvor!

I disagree. I think that the Wall is simply a tool of the Night's Watch. His oath would still stand if Castle Black fell, right? Or if his sword broke?

I have said before that I think the whole thing is cyclical. If the Wall falls, it will be Jon's duty to see that it is rebuilt. The Others could always come back.

I suppose you are right, even if he would be the last left it would be his duty to rebuild.

I also doubt that Tyrion is a Targaryen, he's just too much the quintessential Lannister. Personally, I don't think the other two heads have been revealed yet, although Quentyn Martell is a strong possibility.

OK, this is I think my 2nd or 3rd post on here, but I have an interesting theory supporting Tyrion as the third head. We all know GRRM is fairly big on patterns and whatnot...Here goes...

Jons mother dies in childbirth, Danys mother dies in childbirth, Tyrions mother dies in childbirth, under very similar circumstances to Dany's birth. Im kind of rusty on the timelines here, but what if Aerys got with Joanna, willfully or no, and produced our friend Tyrion? Its mentioned that he has two different colored eyes, I cant remember and cant reference at the moment, but could one of them be violet?

If Im totally off kilter here, dont flame me...I mean no harm...

Its mentioned that he has two different colored eyes, I cant remember and cant reference at the moment, but could one of them be violet?

One of Tyrion's eyes is green and the other is black.

However, certain Targaryens have been decribed as having eyes 'so deep a purple that they seemed almost black'. ;)

I don't think anyone will ever be able to sell me on the Tyrion Targaryen theory. Would GRRM really use the "unknown Targaryen *******" plot device twice in one story? If he has used it at all?

Agreed. Tyrion is the only true heir to Casterly Rock and the son Tywin never admitted he had.

Everyone is assuming that there will be two other riders for Dany's dragons. Maybe she doesn't want to share.

Yesterday I was rereading AffC, and in a Cersei POV chapter, she stated that after her marriage with Rhaegor was trunkated ¨because the Mad king did not marry his children to servants¨, Cersei said that that ¨drove Rhaegor to the she wolf¨, which I think it means Ned´s sister. Possibly they could have conceived Jon and perhaps another brother, both being the blood of the dragon, completing the 3 heads of the dragon. I think GRRM moves in that sense, as seen with the 6 direwolves for the 6 starks.

As much as I'd hate to see another series where the women share but the men don't *cough cough, Jordan cough*, I think the third head needs to be female, due to Dany's barrenness. I don't see Jon disgracing himself again, especially after realising that Ned didn't father a ******* after all. He needs a wife who can give him Targaryn children.
On the R+L=J note, at the start of AGOT Ned says he has 'lived a lie for fourteen years'. Could this Wylla we hear of be some random woman? We hear about a baby switch in AFFC, why not have one before that? Maybe Wylla's real baby died. Come to think of it, maybe Ellia's baby was switched... Somebody stop me. If I keep on at this rate, Tyrion will be a Stark and Ned will be a Tully... More incest!! Oh god, someone stop me...

Wylla is a serving woman at Starfall and apparently a confidante of the Lady Ashara Dayne. She isn't 'random' at all. The mix-up between some people thinking that Ned and Ashara had an affair after they met at Harrenhal before the war, and Robert thinking that Ned slept with Wylla, is I think a major clue that something is seriously wrong there. There are secrets to be revealed.

George has said that the 'third' head of the dragon doesn't need to be a Targaryen (whethere this implies that the other two need to be is unclear). The dragon having three heads is also possibly a reference to the three people who will retake Westeros for the Targaryens, or the three people who can control the dragons. It's not necessarily the case that the three heads need to be in a relationship with one another. The third head is therefore popularly believed to be Tyrion, with Jon and Dany as the other two.

The other possibility is that Aegon VI Targaryen, the infant son of Rhaegar and Elia, survived the Sack of King's Landing. This is supported by some textual evidence and also by GRRM's comments emphasising that Rhaenyra was killed but not mentioning Aegon. Aegon VI would actually be the rightful king - he comes before his aunt, Daenerys, in the line of succession - but proving who he is would be difficult after all this time.

Proving yes, but if a sixteen year old boy with silver hair and purple eyes claims to be Aegon, son of Rhaegar, no one is going say he's not a Targaryen.

We know the Dragon has three heads and the god of the Andals has seven faces... could one of the heads and faces coincide? For instance, the Mother is one of the aspects of the Seven and Dany exemplifies this aspect to her people. Dany has never been to the mainland of the Seven Kindoms, she is a stranger... and the Stranger brings death.

It seems that the Westerosi each honor one specific face of their god. Craftsmen pray to the Smith, girls pray to the Maiden, etc.

Jon exempifies the Warrior and the Father in his role as Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Tyrion seems to reflect the Smith. He's cunning, he's a problem solver, and he commissioned the single biggest metal smithing project in the Seven Kingdoms. Tyrion is also an outsider. People welcome his wisdom, but not him. He is the Stranger. Dany, as a stunningly beautiful woman also exemplifies the Maiden, the personification of love and beauty. Now six of the aspects of the god of The Faith are covered, all except the Crone.

As much as I'd hate to see another series where the women share but the men don't *cough cough, Jordan cough*, I think the third head needs to be female, due to Dany's barrenness. I don't see Jon disgracing himself again, especially after realising that Ned didn't father a ******* after all. He needs a wife who can give him Targaryn children.
On the R+L=J note, at the start of AGOT Ned says he has 'lived a lie for fourteen years'. Could this Wylla we hear of be some random woman? We hear about a baby switch in AFFC, why not have one before that? Maybe Wylla's real baby died. Come to think of it, maybe Ellia's baby was switched... Somebody stop me. If I keep on at this rate, Tyrion will be a Stark and Ned will be a Tully... More incest!! Oh god, someone stop me...

i havent read Jordan, but the fact is that historically (ever since humans settled down, before that we where still equals, perhaps men where even lesser then woman because berries and roots where the main food supply then, the hunting did not bring that much food to the table) men came before women, it was normal for a man to have several wives, it is even so in the bible, Abraham and the lot had more then one wife, there where plenty of harems in the east and so on, even know in places in Africa it is considered normal for a man to have a multiple wives, the eskimo's on the other hand share their wives with strangers, as a means of survival (new blood) On the other hand women where for most forbidden to sleep with anyone but their husbands, in the middle-east, you can get stoned for just looking at a man the wrong way.

So in that way it is normal, perhaps you should not read books in a modern day western viewpoint. After all, it is not even (or at least not much more then that) a full centure ago that women have less rights then men. Even now it is said that men are considered more (jobs go to men more easily and all that), even so i have to say, that while women always whine that even know in western europe/and america they still dont have more rights, that they dont have the same duties as well, i mean (at least in my county it is so) for example men have to work longer before they get their pension, while women live longer, now how in the world is that fair, i have not once seen them protesting that they want to work as long as the men must work. Also it does cost the companies a lot of money every time a woman must take childhood leave. If they want equal rights, they must also get equal duties.

Dont get me wrong, i am all for the equality of women, but then it must truly mean equality, to often women are positively discriminated.

Hell i would love to be a house man, and that my wife will go to work have a career, i'll take care of the house and the children, that would be graet for me personally.

Excuse me, there are also many societies in which women have more than one husband. There's even a name for it, polyandry. And in my country women have the same duties as men, work as long, and men can get paternity leave too if they ask for it. I also have to say that married women live shorter lives than married men, especially housewives, because they face more stress. I study this.

Name me one populous important society of the past. I am not saying it did not exist (with the amazons or so) but it was definitly not widespread.
Also, it is a fact that woman live longer then men and in most countries dont have to work as long, there pension comes sooner.

Also what country are you from, cause normaaly a woman gets more weeks off then a man regarding childbirth. As for duties, in general i am sure that most woman in western societies have about the same duties, but when it comes down to real life situations it is always the man who have to do the heavy lifting, for example, i my whole schoollife and beyond, it where always the men who had to remain and put all the chaird back in place , etc. while the women got to leave without lifting a finger, wich is just plain positive discrimination.

Lolz married women livin shorter then married men because they face more stress, you'll have to send me to some serious studies before i believe this.
Thats like saying that although women in general live longer all the married ones die faster then their spouses, thus there must be an enormous population of unmarried woman for this to be true

She said housewives, not married women in general. Besides, none of this really has anything to do with three-headed dragons.

Dany's dragons are her children, whatever legacy she leaves will pass through them.

I also had a crazy thought, since three lives were sacrificed to make the dragons live(her son, Drogo, and the maegi) could the reverse also be true? If indeed it was the loss of those lives that woke the dragons. It could have been only the fire, but something tells me it wasn't just heat.

I also have to say that married women live shorter lives than married men, especially housewives,

is what she said, so she did mention marrried women, as it being non-topic, makes no matter, it is a forum after all.

Men have to do heavy stuff because they are physically stronger, but women have to do the day-in, day-out housework, which is actually more exhausting though often underestimated. The 'housework' men do is only nessacary once in a long while. And are you calling my teacher a lier?
Never mind historically, there are some alive and kicking today. For example, the Nyimba people of Nepal practise fraternal polyandry, where a wife marries several brothers. It is an economic relationship, which provides security for the wife; if one husband dies, she still has two or three left.
Ha.

Last edited:
Men have to do heavy stuff because they are physically stronger, but women have to do the day-in, day-out housework, which is actually more exhausting though often underestimated. The 'housework' men do is only nessacary once in a long while. And are you calling my teacher a lier?
Never mind historically, there are some alive and kicking today. For example, the Nyimba people of Nepal practise fraternal polyandry, where a wife marries several brothers. It is an economic relationship, which provides security for the wife; if one husband dies, she still has two or three left.
Ha.

okay, that is exactly what i am getitng at, the modern man has to help in the household as well (from day to day), if i did not do my share, i would definitly hear about it, i agree that most men still let their wives do most of the household work, but we are getting there that we have to do as much in the household as the women ( slowly but certainly, i for one have to do my part as i said but that is an individual case ofc.) As for the havey lifting, it is easily said that a man is physically stronger, but a 7 year old can lift a chair, so i dont think that would be muc of a problem for the physique of young women, yet they never had to lift a finger in my shool)

Exactly, you basically agree with me by reffering to the Nymbia people, i am sure that kinde culture exists, but is has always been a not very influential minority ( and i dont see it changing any time soon.)

Back