What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

KOJAK - A Very Deadly Game - A drug sting goes wrong and an officer is killed, but the fed agent assigned to the precinct is forced to withhold details of the killer by his superior and Theo don't like it baby. At one point he compares the two Feds to the Snoop Sisters--referencing one of the NBC shoes in rotation at the time. Premiered 50 years ago tonight.

McMILLAN & WIFE - Downshift to Danger - a long episode in which Mac and Sally compete with 4 other couples in a road rally hosted by Bert Convy and someone is trying to sabotage it. But are they really after the $2 million in antique cars or something else? Premiered 50 years ago tonight.

Need to check this out, thanks.

Just watched 1st episode of Ludwig, and yes it's very good. Mitchell is a great comedian, and ghis demonstrates that he can be a great actor. Although I do wonder how much of the character is David himself?

Did it all make sense? No. Was it convincingly real? Absolutely not! But this was a comedy drama, and so it didn't need to. Very good first episode.

For any fans of Mitchell, I highly recommend his audiobook of Unruly, which is a wonderful account of medieval English history.

I’m attempting to watch every episode of Taskmaster. This afternoon I started with episodes 1&2 of series one. Now I’m pausing for lunch, and then I shall continue.
This evening I reached the beginning of series nine. I seem to be averaging just over one series per week.

It’s still funny enough to make me sometimes worry for my health , and I’ve also started watching clips of outtakes and so on as well.

I'm caught up on the episodes for Agatha All Along, and it's been fine so far. A little different from other Marvel shows as it focuses on witches rather than superheroes.

Also started All Creatures Great and Small. Glad to be back in the world of Darrowby.

LOST IN SPACE, TRIP THROUGH THE ROBOT. :LOL: With stuff this bad, it is a wonder there was a 3rd season!

THE WILD WILD WEST - The Night of The Bleak Island - Jim West goes to an island to recover a diamond left to the US government in a will, and meets an old colleague from Scotland Yard, which is appropriate since a demonic hound is on the loose somewhere. I saw the twist coming but it was still pretty good.

MANNIX - Death Run - Joe meets an old war buddy outside a murder scene on his street who tells him he is in trouble. He works as a forest ranger and asks Mannix to visit him and see his wife. He does--but when the sheriff gets involved and they go to see the wife--it's a different person. I did not see the twist coming in this one.

KOLCHAK- THE NIGHT STALKER - The Vampire -- Although I knew Kolchak faced a vampire in the first movie, I did not see it until well after the series so this episode has him not skeptical at all -and knows exactly what to do in order to go after it.
Premiered 50 years ago tonight.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Season 4 Episode 23: "I'll Take Care of You"
I recognized Russell Collins, who plays "Dad" in this episode, from The Twilight Zone, Season 3 Episode 21: "Kick the Can." There he played a bitter (and unimaginative?) old man left behind by his magically rejuvenated fellow old folk's home patients. Here he plays a car salesman's older employee, who seemingly has a good friendship with the salesman. However, Collins' character ends up getting the raw end of the deal.

KOJAK - Wall Street Gunslinger - Kojak is involved in the case of a robbery that involves three murders. He goes undercover as a Greek millionaire to entrap a stockbroker who has mob connections. It gets pretty hokey with his flamboyant Greek accent and his cover is blown anyway. Stavros to the rescue. Premiered 50 years ago today.

Only Murders in the Building - I enjoyed the first couple of seasons of this murder mystery, the last one was ok but this season just isn't grabbing me. I had to watch the recap of the last episode as I fell asleep and sure enough last night I woke up to the credits again. The characters have always been ott but this time round it feels forced and too much.

Elementary - (2012-2019) Another version of Sherlock Holmes. This time Lucy Lui is Joan Watson, a former surgeon with no military background. Sherlock Holmes has moved to New York from London to get sober from his heroin addiction. Joan Watson helps Holmes stay sober after he leaves rehab. Overall an entertaining take. Basically its a "consulting detective" show with a lead character named Sherlock Holmes but without any of the original stories. The well known supporting characters (Inspector Lestrade, Mycroft, Moriarty) all show up for an episode or three, and they, too, get a modern remake. In the episode that features Lestrade, without any specific statements, we get the heavy implication that all the stories we know from the books have already taken place prior to Sherlock moving to New York.
I'm into season 2 and enjoying the show.

THE WILD WILD WEST - The Night of The Bleak Island - Jim West goes to an island to recover a diamond left to the US government in a will, and meets an old colleague from Scotland Yard, which is appropriate since a demonic hound is on the loose somewhere. I saw the twist coming but it was still pretty good.

MANNIX - Death Run - Joe meets an old war buddy outside a murder scene on his street who tells him he is in trouble. He works as a forest ranger and asks Mannix to visit him and see his wife. He does--but when the sheriff gets involved and they go to see the wife--it's a different person. I did not see the twist coming in this one.

KOLCHAK- THE NIGHT STALKER - The Vampire -- Although I knew Kolchak faced a vampire in the first movie, I did not see it until well after the series so this episode has him not skeptical at all -and knows exactly what to do in order to go after it.
Premiered 50 years ago tonight.
THE WILD WILD WEST -

I watched a few episodes from the first season a while back and I kept getting flashbacks to movies that I'd seen - Raiders of the Lost Ark, James Bond movies, etc. --- With the simultaneous realization/understanding that the 1960s series predates all of these. I was pretty impressed by the way that The Wild Wild West compiled so many action set pieces that would become action tropes over the years.

I also love the site gag of having a pool table in his train car --- exactly when is he going to use that??? Exactly when is the track absolutely perfectly level to play pool?

THE WILD WILD WEST -

I watched a few episodes from the first season a while back and I kept getting flashbacks to movies that I'd seen - Raiders of the Lost Ark, James Bond movies, etc. --- With the simultaneous realization/understanding that the 1960s series predates all of these. I was pretty impressed by the way that The Wild Wild West compiled so many action set pieces that would become action tropes over the years.

I also love the site gag of having a pool table in his train car --- exactly when is he going to use that??? Exactly when is the track absolutely perfectly level to play pool?
It is based on James Bond--kind of a steampunk version.
They say the first dozen or so episodes are the most Bondian and then it went off into more sci-fi areas. Not that much though. They avoided camp elements for the most part.

I guess they only played pool when the train stopped somewhere.

It is based on James Bond--kind of a steampunk version.
They say the first dozen or so episodes are the most Bondian and then it went off into more sci-fi areas. Not that much though. They avoided camp elements for the most part.

I guess they only played pool when the train stopped somewhere.
The pool thing is still a gag. Show me one train siding or station anywhere on the planet that is as level as a pool table. The concept is silly in its basic form. Fortunately the sound stage in which it was built was plenty flat.

Elementary - (2012-2019) Another version of Sherlock Holmes. This time Lucy Lui is Joan Watson, a former surgeon with no military background. Sherlock Holmes has moved to New York from London to get sober from his heroin addiction. Joan Watson helps Holmes stay sober after he leaves rehab. Overall an entertaining take. Basically its a "consulting detective" show with a lead character named Sherlock Holmes but without any of the original stories. The well known supporting characters (Inspector Lestrade, Mycroft, Moriarty) all show up for an episode or three, and they, too, get a modern remake. In the episode that features Lestrade, without any specific statements, we get the heavy implication that all the stories we know from the books have already taken place prior to Sherlock moving to New York.
I'm into season 2 and enjoying the show.
It was good to see one of the lesser known detectives from the Holmes stories being used instead of Lestrade. I had my doubts about Elementary when I first started to watch it, I soon came to prefer it over Sherlock.

Watched the last episode of season three the superb "The Great - an occasionally true story"
Basically a batshit crazy comedic retelling of the Catherine the Great story, full of well rounded characters who are all macheovellian in different ways. Do not look for historical accuracy.
Also watched Missions a French Sci-fi series where the first manned mission to Mars find a Russian cosmonaut believed killed in 1967 wandering around the surface. Haven't figured out the reason yet but I'm guessing aliens. The story has some good ideas and some nice visuals but is let down by some cliched characterisation (the shouty one, the socially awkward geeky one, the psychologist who slept with the Captain, the aggressive military)

Enterprise Season 2 Ep. 23 Regeneration - which starts out like The Thing but swiftly turns into Star Trek when the crashed Borg ship from First Contact is discovered, frozen in the ice, and the research team warm the bodies up... Doesn't anyone in a science fiction universe ever watch any SF films? (Actually they do because The Day The Earth Stood Still was referenced in the last episode) But you know what I mean, I would have thought Star Fleet would teach it's people; 'Don't Enter Derelict Spaceships by Yourself' and 'Don't Warm up Frozen Aliens' as SOPs.

The Enterprise gets involved when it finds itself in the path of the Borg as they attempt to return to the 'Delta Quadrant'. Pew! Pew! Pew! ensues. Things are recalibrated. Baddies are blown to pieces, Archer has moral qualms but kills people, Dr Phlox gets near-Borgified but finds a miracle cure but not before he realises the final act of the defeated aliens was to send Earth's location out to where it will be intercepted in a couple of hundred years - about TNG time.

And it wasn't a bad episode. The Borg were properly Borglike, implacable and scary. The cast got to do some acting. Some seriously nice camera moves. Better than average episode for this show.

#1 Son and I had fun kicking the continuity into shape but the only way we could really get it to work was if Enterprise was taking place in an alternate reality, OR Star Fleet has a really crappy admin dept. which lost the paperwork on the whole affair so when the Borg turn up again, in TNG's 24th C, records of the whole thing, including Phlox's Miracle Anti-Borg Radiation Dosage (pat pending.), was lying forgotten in a drawer somewhere.

Last edited:
Also watched Missions a French Sci-fi series where the first manned mission to Mars find a Russian cosmonaut believed killed in 1967 wandering around the surface. Haven't figured out the reason yet but I'm guessing aliens. The story has some good ideas and some nice visuals but is let down by some cliched characterisation (the shouty one, the socially awkward geeky one, the psychologist who slept with the Captain, the aggressive military)

I liked the first series of Missions very much; I liked the whole 'I really have no idea what is going on - at all' feelings it engendered in me. The episode length felt awkward though. I think it would have worked much better with 40+ minute episodes not the 26 minute ones (and that 26 minutes includes opening and closing credits, and a 'Previously on...' teaser at the start of every episode.*). The episodes felt very short.

The second season got a bit too mystically / magical for me.

*Apart from the first obviously.