DISCUSSION THREAD -- June 2024 -- 75 Word Writing Challenge

Congratulations @DaCrazyKat29 on a well deserved victory

Well fine then, though I maintain this is not proof that I'm not dreaming you, nor that you're not dreaming me. I make no apologies or guarantees regarding any meh-ness or overly obvious inspirations, either real or perceived, and cannot in good conscience promise or commit to forgoing naps and/or being more punctual in the future.

Enjoy.

Try the veal!

The soul isn't quite what you think.

It's an ethereal thing, the spark of life, present in all living things. Your language fails to describe it.

It persists for but a moment after death, but in that moment, it is available for consumption.

This spark, this light, is nourishing for my kind.

In humans, though, it is stained by your sins, by innocence lost.

So I applied for a nursing job at the children's hospital.

Postremo, In Lucem Stellarum

We heed the call
Of Lord long dead
From Void the Banished come

By strength of steel
By will of faith
Through Lands of darkened Lost

Our valour won
On blood-soaked fields
We pass through Death and back

Our path does lead
To Tree of Life
Defiled in leaf and fruit

Fury divine
Imbues our souls
Black flame to cure the rot

The Lands lie cleansed
Our oath fulfilled
The starfield calls us home
Try the Veal! ...Time to do right, Postremo, In Lucem Stellarum ...ah sure I'll get to it later (seemed strangely ironic)

Thanks, enjoyed them, sure what odds if it's all a dream -it conjured up two stories;)

I've missed the voting with general internet problems and BT that have driven me to the verge of insanity (some might say I'm already there, but I say their mad, not me). But my vote would not have made any changes the voting outcome regardless, so no harm done.

Vote to - Culwich - you'll have to make the best of would have, could have, might have if I'd voted on time, which I didn't, so you can't - unless the MODs decide to intervene.

Mentions, Starbeast, Chrispy, therapist and UnRoinnUltra (and twitchy on getting the almost too late vote there UnRoinnUltra, but you were beaten to the non-exsistent vote by Culwich and the smallest of margins).

Back