DISCUSSION THREAD -- 300 Word Writing Challenge #55 (October 2024)

@Karapace - Nightmares - The text is sensational. It made me reflect on the theme: If you can't beat them, join them, in a sweet and funny way.

@Astro Pen - The Sun Prince - It shows the guilt and regret over poor choices, and yet, even by taking their own life, it demonstrated that no lessons were learned. This strongly reflects what humanity is going through today in a drastic way. Congratulations.

@Rafellin - Interventionist - I read the text three times to grasp the depth of the story. Very good, a well-crafted and entertaining piece. Congratulations.

@Astro Pen The Sun Prince – A tale of regret and be careful what you wish for. There was some nice prose here. I quite liked the Hiroshima shadows as it seemed to reflect the theme and ground in real life events. People have done this.

@Rafellin Interventionist – I loved the dialogue and the whole mystery of it. Two people one human one… questionable. I got a real sense of past with these two that they understood each other.

@RTGR Paradise – The final line is the killer for me, no reproduction. However then I start wondering is this the past or the future and may be the “no reproduction” didn’t work out.

@Karapace .... Nightmares .... This is a story which gives a whole new understanding of what it takes to terrify the terrifying.

@Astro Pen .... The Sun Prince .... This is a brilliant story which reads like a parable warning of the dangers we will encounter in some form at some time but we don't see them at first.

@Rafellin .... Interventionist .... This is a story with such depth it reads like a novel with "wows" and "twists" and "turns" all in 300 words.

@RTGR .... Paradise .... This is a story in which the horror is hidden by the mundane.

@THX1138 - Illumination - A second of glimpse into the mysteries of the universe. Are we really prepared for this, or would we not bear the weight of our own existence? Splendid!

@THX1138 .... Illumination .... This is a story that makes me gulp and ask "What if philosophy is somehow actually true?"

@Guttersnipe .... Before the World Wakes Up .... This is a touching story of a young boy caught between the times and places of love and understanding and their opposite.

Well, I'm in and with a few words to spare.

Why do images in the 300 Challenge always conjur spooky images for me? I'm sure that a psychiatrist could give me an answer ( for a healthy fee of course!)

Great picture, good look everyone.

Karapace: With sly wit, the author examines the way that our minds exert a powerful effect on our lives.

Astro Pen: This cautionary tale warns us that the darkest parts of our souls are self-destructive.

Rafellin: In a chilling manner, this subtle blending of reality and fantasy shows us the balance of good and evil.

RTGR: Displaying great insight into truly alien psychology, the author offers us the chance to look at ourselves from another point of view.

THX1138: The stunning climax of this profound tale fills the reader with awe.

Guttersnipe: This melancholy story proves that imagination is both a blessing and a curse.

paranoid marvin: The author creates a character that is both terrifying and yet one with whom we are forced to empathize.

@paranoid marvin .... It's Been Emotional .... This is a story that evokes the worst, or is it the best?, kind of cold terror in me. The kind where there is an inevitability about the result that cannot be deflected.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Sunrise .... This is a story that made me go WOW! now that's a story that I dig. A story that is wonderfully hopeful and perhaps scientifically very, very, far from probable.

There's my happy little entry. I was trying for a dark, moody piece appropriate for a Challenge falling in the same month as Halloween. Hope it makes sense.

I really found inspiration in this terrific photo. Wonderful job, to our Moderators, in your selection. Good luck all in the Challenge, CC

Back