DISCUSSION THREAD -- 300 Word Writing Challenge #55 (October 2024)

Thank you, Victoria Silverwolf, Karapace and Parson, for the reviews! (And thank you too, Parson, because I know this is definitely not your type of story. I appreciate your thoughts.)

@Guttersnipe - Before the World Wakes Up - A very beautiful story coming from the thoughts of a child, reflecting how much we can alter reality in our minds. Congratulations, I really liked the text.

@paranoid marvin - It's Been Emotional - A powerful immersion into the mind of a sinister narrator, creating a chilling and captivating atmosphere. Congratulations.

@Victoria Silverwolf - Sunrise - A sense of wonder and hope that blends technology and nature in a transformed Martian landscape. It also suggests that humanity, in transforming Mars, is redefining what fear and hope mean in the cosmos. Congratulations.

@Cat's Cradle - Snow Globe - Blends the surreal and the scientific in a captivating way. The character's shift in perception, from a dreamlike, icy setting to a cold, clinical reality, intensifies the mystery and creates a growing sense of unease. The detailed descriptions of scientific processes are skillfully intertwined with the character's anguish, culminating in a final moment of vulnerability. Brilliant.

Just to confirm what Brian has said re the server crash, almost all of Friday's posts have been lost -- fortunately Aethel's entry has survived in the main Challenge thread, but anyone who posted later will have to post again, and those who posted comments/reviews on Friday will have to repost as well.

Fingers crossed that now we're back, the choppiness Brian talks about will settle down!

And just in case anyone is anxious about it, in the very unlikely event there is another crash, the mods will discuss whether extensions should be made, whether that's for stories to be posted or for the voting deadline to be pushed back.

I had an instant idea for my 300 entry as soon as I saw the picture. But can I get it to work? No!

Unfortunately I can't get the original idea out of my head and I'm finding it impossible to come up with anything new. I've got a week left (we're away as from the 27th) and I'm getting a bit desperate.

Just to confirm what Brian has said re the server crash, almost all of Friday's posts have been lost -- fortunately Aethel's entry has survived in the main Challenge thread, but anyone who posted later will have to post again, and those who posted comments/reviews on Friday will have to repost as well.

Fingers crossed that now we're back, the choppiness Brian talks about will settle down!

And just in case anyone is anxious about it, in the very unlikely event there is another crash, the mods will discuss whether extensions should be made, whether that's for stories to be posted or for the voting deadline to be pushed back.
Argh... I've lost my entry. It was the best I've ever written. My other half read it and burst into tears from the emotional wrench it contained. My friend read it and laughed so hard he gave himself a hernia. The old lady across the road read it and feinted dead away at the jaw-dropping ending.

Honest guv.

Last edited:
What a pity you didn't keep a copy for your records and your memory is so bad you can't recreate it... ;)
I know, I'm kicking myself... and those who read it (not the old lady though, she wears Doc Martin's steel toe capped and is quite viscious)

Last edited:
Argh... I've lost my entry. It was the best I've ever written. My other half read it and burst into tears from the emotional wrench it contained. My friend read it and laughed so hard he gave himself a hernia. The old lady across the road read it and feinted dead away at the jaw-dropping ending.

Honest guv.
Hah ...it's an ill wind, I read it, loved it, copied it and just posted it under my name -and you can do nothing except quietly seeth with anger while I spend my life enjoying long lazy sunny days following summer on a luxury yacht paid for by the royalties ;)

Honest guv.
I saw it briefly.... turned to religion and changed my underpants

I posted mine on Friday, just before the crash - given the characters in the last two-thirds of it I'm going to assume that I hit too close to the truth and the whole site went down as dark forces tried to erase my tale from history.... :D :D :D

Last edited:
I posted mine of Friday, just before the crash - given the characters in the last two-thirds of it I'm going to assume that I hit too close to the truth and the whole site went down as dark forces tried to erase my tale from history.... :D :D :D
Close to the truth or not, we won't tolerate you crashing this site again. :eek: Don´t repost that story!

@Starbeast Bladerunner 2166 - I wasn't sure about the title at first but then I read it. It turns the film and (the novel for that matter) on its head, a nice android frendly earth but that is deceptive too and it throws up unanswered questions, like is it right to re-programme someones daughter to be a housemaid? But if it gives purpose why not? I loved the loving yet slightly ambiguous nature of that

It reminds me a bit of where I’m staying. But I’m still at a loss for ideas. Maybe when sis and I go diving tomorrow I’ll get some ideas.

Fwwwar fwaar fwwaaar

Attachments

• IMG_8607.jpeg
    IMG_8607.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 6

Back