Artemis fowl

i guess i'm one of the minority here who likes the Fowl series. i've always appreciated modern takes or twists to old fairytales or folklore. but i probably like the second one more than the first, since i just can't help wanting to stranggle dear little Arty in the first installment. talk about anti-hero.

hello i am new!!! i thought the artemis fowl books were positivly brilliant!!!!!they were the best books i've ever read!!!!!i even de-coded the bottom of the fourth one it wasn't hard!!! it repeats after a while though:p

Welcome fowl girl! I'm glad you posted! I have never taken the time to decode the code at the bottom of the books... What does it say?

fowl girl said:
hello i am new!!! i thought the artemis fowl books were positivly brilliant!!!!!they were the best books i've ever read!!!!!i even de-coded the bottom of the fourth one it wasn't hard!!! it repeats after a while though

YES! BRILLIANT!!! :) :) :) :) :)

longplay said:
Having said that, Holly is a very strong female character, as are Opel and Bulter's cousin/neice (forgotten her name).

Do you mean Juliet, Butler's little sister?
(And it's "Opal") :)

i luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve the series. i love the fact that artemis foils the world with a young teens brain. i love holly and butler and my fav part of book1 is the unintentional refereances of all the character being gay or wishing to be that way.

Well I was going to start and AF thread but I thought I would do a search on it first incase there was one. And there is.

Artemis Fowl books are the best. Especially the newest one with all the demons in it. I love the anti-hero because there are hardly any books where there is an anti-hero.

I read the first book awhile back when it first came out. I can't remember if I liked it or not. Anyways, I picked up The Eternity Code becasue it was on sale. Anyone know which number it is in the series?

That's number three.

The Arctic Incident is the second.
The Eternity Code is the third.
The Opal Deception is the fourth.
The Lost Colony is the fifth.

Personally, I think The Eternity Code is my favourite of the Artemis Fowl books.

You like Eternity Code the best? I thought Lost Colony was the best. I love it, how it ends is annoying though.

Well, I haven't read Lost Colony yet, so I can't really say! But thus far, I've enjoyed The Eternity Code the most. Although the Opal Deception is quite good as well.

hell no, i prefer the first one, it was soo funny (to me anyway) and because i got it on tape i know almost all of it off by heart

Ho-Chi-Minh City. Sweltering by anyone's standard.

brill opening line

That is a brilliant opening line. I would say the first one is pretty good because it is when Arty is acting only for himself, no one else.