Artemis fowl

Righto.

Now come one DarkBunni and answer us or I will be forced to PM you to remid you to answer us.

How did you come by AF books?

I think the latest Artemis Fowl was the best, Artemis is actually turning good!:)

Dont worry still alive, been busy, school and holidays...blah anyways:

I liked the last couple of books, id just felt let down compared to the genious of the first ones in that the themes seemed awfully similar to fanfictions that had been circulating.

maybe mary sue was harsh but the whole semi romance thing reminded me too much of some of the stories I have read.

Eoin did do well, but its like film sequels their either brilliant or....

I get what your ... is meant to mean but I disagree although I did like the evil Arty a bit better.

I loved the books. Evil Arty was very funny, though I did want to kill him at times. Holly's my favourite character, though Root and Foaly come close seconds.

Hhhmmm... I may pick them back up and read them... but Artemis is a character I just can't relate to, so it makes it hard to want to read about him. I have strong opinions about his justification of his poor behavior and was wondering if his personality gets better...
Thanks for the reply Longplay...

Understandible. That u cant relate to him i mean. But i guess thats kind of the point. Its just pure ridiculous escapism.:p
Give it a go..lose yourself.

His character is that of a twelve year old boy and when I first read AF I was only 13. I have gone through to now reading AF and keeping relatively the same as him. I guess thats why I like I so much.

Welcome AtomicOJ. Another Aussie is always good.

**attention All**
Arty Is Coming To The Big Screen, Good And Proper This Time..no Faffing Around Any More...it'll Be Released In Time For Christmas...next Year, Unfortuneatly..but I Am Glad...all I Have To Say Is To Start A Petition To Stop It Being Made All In "toy Story Type" Cgi..bit Like "tmnt" Was..grr..but Stathom (jason Dude, Bald) Will Be Playing Butler

Enjoyed the first Artemis Fowl book, which I read earlier in the year.

My gut instinct tells me it wasn't originally written for the YA market; has the feel of an adult comic fantasy rewritten for the YA market (possibly having failed to entice the powers that be for an adult publication - or perhaps that's just the cynic in me).

There is something about it that doesn't ring true as a book written purposefully for a younger market. Not that I am knocking it in any way, it's a very good book, but I would love a peep at the first draft.

Mark.