Destiny of the Stark kids! (spoilers imminent)

NenadBulaja

Pack ******
Like reading books, comic books, playing RPG video
Favored topic of mine was always destiny of the Stark kids. And here is how I see the future of the family unfortunate enough to provoke GRRM's interest:

1. Arya - Faceless Man with the flaw (or you might say improvement) in that she never forgets who she is. Will be overpowered as is, so I don't want her to be one of the dragon heads. Whoever earns that trait will have to bear responsibility of ruling and whatnot, and I have different destiny for her in mind. And that would be spymaster and assassin for the future rulers of the realm - the Starks.

2. Sansa - Justifiably one of the most hated characters, but GRRM shows that one of the things he plans with his characters is to allow them redemption. And I suspect that she will be a sight to see once she learns the Game, and pass by mastering her teacher in it. Future role in the family as chief adviser and web spinner for the family (who would figure that?)

3. Bran - Thrown from the tower in the beginning of the books, his destiny is grim. And again he turns out to be one of the most powerful beings in Westeros. He will be the glue that connects the Stark kids, Old Gods and Children of the forest. Future role in the family is magic protector and information gatherer.

4. Rickon - Everybody lost sight of this boy. He is too young and too out of the picture so everybody just pass him buy in their theories. Guess what, I think he will be next King of Winter, ruler of Winterfell, and one of major characters in the incoming books.

5. Jon - I do not agree with the course GRRM is taking this character and have sad that many times. Not sure about his origin, and have a feeling that GRRM is preparing more surprises for this boy. Be that as it may, he is my candidate for one of the dragon heads, dead or alive! And connection for the Starks in the future overlord family for entire realm - Jon - Dany - Third head.

Last thing is that I don't think that dragon arrangement's will be T,T/S,S . It's simply too convenient, and GRRM doesn't write that way.

Part of credit for starting this thread goes to The Imp, forever vigilant about everything that goes around in the realm :p

Lannister Predictions:
1. Arya - Wed to a Bolton. The Boltons would handle any impersonators claiming to be the 'real' Arya.

2. Sansa - Loving wife of Tyrion. Legal Lannister claim to the North, even if she will end up living in a small cell in Casterly Rock.

3. Bran - Will be thrown from as many towers as it takes...

4. Rickon - Was killed by Theon Turncloak. If some impersonator were to claim to be Rickon, they would have to be hunted down and destroyed.

5. Jon - Doing a fine job as the Commander of the Night's Watch. He looks like he has things in order and needs no support from the south.

-Tywin

Favored topic of mine was always destiny of the Stark kids. And here is how I see the future of the family unfortunate enough to provoke GRRM's interest:

Thanks for starting this thread. This has always been a topic of interest for me as well.

1. Arya - Faceless Man with the flaw (or you might say improvement) in that she never forgets who she is. Will be overpowered as is, so I don't want her to be one of the dragon heads. Whoever earns that trait will have to bear responsibility of ruling and whatnot, and I have different destiny for her in mind. And that would be spymaster and assassin for the future rulers of the realm - the Starks.

Arya has a list. Aryqa is gaining the skills to kill everyone on that list. GRRM needs to kill off some characters. Arya seems like a perfect fit. Ayra's storyline becomes almost pointless if she doesn't go on a killing spree. I hope she is able to marry Jon, but that's probably a stretch, even for me. :)

2. Sansa - Justifiably one of the most hated characters, but GRRM shows that one of the things he plans with his characters is to allow them redemption. And I suspect that she will be a sight to see once she learns the Game, and pass by mastering her teacher in it. Future role in the family as chief adviser and web spinner for the family (who would figure that?)

Sansa doesn't need a lot of redeeming IMO. Her biggest "sins" were immaturity and being naive. I agree that she will surpass Littlefinger, and probably have a hand in his demise. I don't see her survivng the series

3. Bran - Thrown from the tower in the beginning of the books, his destiny is grim. And again he turns out to be one of the most powerful beings in Westeros. He will be the glue that connects the Stark kids, Old Gods and Children of the forest. Future role in the family is magic protector and information gatherer.

The Stark version of Varys, eh? The legless spider. I think bran will take Bloodraven's place after being instrumental in the final book.

4. Rickon - Everybody lost sight of this boy. He is too young and too out of the picture so everybody just pass him buy in their theories. Guess what, I think he will be next King of Winter, ruler of Winterfell, and one of major characters in the incoming books.

For this to happen GRRM will have to omplemnt a time gap, which he very well may do at some point. Rickon is too young right now to be King of anything other than an army of toy soldiers.

5. Jon - I do not agree with the course GRRM is taking this character and have sad that many times. Not sure about his origin, and have a feeling that GRRM is preparing more surprises for this boy. Be that as it may, he is my candidate for one of the dragon heads, dead or alive! And connection for the Starks in the future overlord family for entire realm - Jon - Dany - Third head.

I hadn't thought about a united 7 kingdoms. I think the third head is likely to be Tyrion. Explain what it is you don't like about the dirdction he is going in please?

Last thing is that I don't think that dragon arrangement's will be T,T/S,S . It's simply too convenient, and GRRM doesn't write that way.

Part of credit for starting this thread goes to The Imp, forever vigilant about everything that goes around in the realm :p

It's only obvious because a lot of people have been refining theories for years :)

Here's my take on things:

Arya - May not complete the full Faceless Man training, since she can't leave her past behind, but will learn enough (particularly with her warging). Will come to back to Westeros, either on a mission to kill someone important, or after quitting the FM to deal with her 'List'. (I'd like to see some symmetry here too, where the person she is sent to kill is already on her list.) I can see her rampaging through Westeros, taking out her enemies everywhere she can find them. She doesn't survive the series though.

Sansa - Agree she will master The Game from Littlefinger, though I see her married - possibly to Harry the Heir - and head of an important house (though not Winterfell. Maybe The Eyrie or Riverrun.). She will be a favourite of the King/Queen and will manipulate events in the realm using her position, her beauty and her cunning, and most people will only see a slightly vapid young woman and never question her motives.

Bran - Turns into Treebeard. :D OK, not exactly, but he never physically leaves his tree again, but becomes the greatest warger ever. Learns to communicate and manipulate events after a fashion via the Godswoods.

Rickon - When the dust settles, Rickon will be boss man at Winterfell.

Jon - Honestly, I've no idea! His story could go in so many directions. The only thing I feel sure of is that he will not merely continue as Lord Commander of the Wall, as he has been in previous books.

These are my opinions today, and - like all women - I reserve the right to change my mind! Ask me again in a year, and I will probably have an entirely different set of scenarios in my head. :D:p

Jon- joint rule with dany [king/queen]

arya- leader of the iron throne's assasins/spies

bran- spymaster/one of danys numorous sorcerers [thoros, maybe the one archmaester as well]/

sansa- maybe married to young griff [if he doesnt kill himself], I don't see her as a master of the game. She hasnt shown the smallest ability to read human nature [not that the rest of the stars and tullies have]. Though (I guess she has potential

rickon- havent thought of him at all

Arya - I think after FM training she will find a way home and eventually to stoneheart (possibly while trying to find the hound or gendry) which will be very interesting seeing as last time they saw each other it was during a happier time and they both have grown angry and restless.

Sansa - Despite most peoples theories having her kill Littlefinger, I actually think she will more or less adopt Petyr as her father or fatherfigure and actually grow to like/love him and Littlefingers plan might go wrong and he sacrifices himself (somehow for some reason) to save Sansa because he loved Cat and Sansa as a daughter. or he might just marry Sansa

Bran - It seems the only thing Bran cannot do is walk and die, and I think that will continue to keep happening. Jojen will die, maybe Meera (probably not) Bran will be forced to choose between being a tree or going with Meera (who he will confess his feeling to) and Hodor back to The Wall most likely, where he will finally run into Jon just in time for The White Walker Apocalypse. Bran will show Jon how REAL men warg.

Jon - Having been stabbed almost to death Mel will save Jon and suggest he stay at the Wall because The Others are coming. Jon discovers Bran is alive and has a few new tricks up his sleeve. Jon will become a better warger just in time for the arrival of Outlaw Brotherhood with Arya and Cat, after this reunion Bran will inform Cat that Jon was never Neds *******, but Lyanna and Rhaegars kid, Cat apologizes to Jon. Dragons come and oh yeah here it comes; Arya wargs into Viserion, Bran wargs into Rheagon and Jon wargs into Drogon.

Rickon - Rickon will be at the Wall but down on the frontlines with a army of barbarians from Skagos and Nymeria and her direwolf army, having Osha at his side Rickon will slay The White Walker King. Nothing too deep about his story, Rickon gets straight to business in classic Stark style.

RobbWind - Qyburn will pull a Robert Strong on Robbwind (that's another idea of mine I'm too lazy to get into right now) where he will destroy the monster Strong, escape and find and kill Theon reek Greyjoy. Then join the Nymeria wolf pack where he will kill The White Walker Kings second in command, but ultimately be killed bt The White Walker King himself (with Rickon avenging)

Hodor - Hodor will Hodor til the end of the Hodor

Arya has a list. Aryqa is gaining the skills to kill everyone on that list. GRRM needs to kill off some characters. Arya seems like a perfect fit. Ayra's storyline becomes almost pointless if she doesn't go on a killing spree. I hope she is able to marry Jon, but that's probably a stretch, even for me.
I think she might get out of faceless man order at some point, but she will do few things that you can't be proud off. She must pay the price for burden she carry. And as I understand there is some point (ritual perhaps) after which one is not allowed to leave the order. Will she go her way before or after that?

Sansa doesn't need a lot of redeeming IMO. Her biggest "sins" were immaturity and being naive. I agree that she will surpass Littlefinger, and probably have a hand in his demise. I don't see her survivng the series
Up to this point she was wery childish, but it looks like she can grow up quickly with Littlefinger telling her the way it all works. Up to current point she was so selfish and unloyal, specially in contrast to other Stark children, that I was taking Littlefinger hint, that he could be her father. It might be interesting once she learns who were responsible for all that happened to her family and father especially - if she will prove herself to be Stark for once, or accept it, and play the Game for herself.

The Stark version of Varys, eh? The legless spider. I think bran will take Bloodraven's place after being instrumental in the final book.
No clue with Bran.

For this to happen GRRM will have to omplemnt a time gap, which he very well may do at some point. Rickon is too young right now to be King of anything other than an army of toy soldiers.
Problem with Rickon is that lots of things happened when he was just a baby, and at that time nobody has time to take care of him - even Cat deserted him. He may grow up to be someone violent and wild (there were some clues about it), and basically not a person we would like.

And Jon looks like one of central characters of the serie. His possible future was discussed in separate thread around here, so I don't see a point for CTRL+C CTRL+V.

Lannister Predictions:
1. Arya - Wed to a Bolton. The Boltons would handle any impersonators claiming to be the 'real' Arya.

2. Sansa - Loving wife of Tyrion. Legal Lannister claim to the North, even if she will end up living in a small cell in Casterly Rock.

3. Bran - Will be thrown from as many towers as it takes...

4. Rickon - Was killed by Theon Turncloak. If some impersonator were to claim to be Rickon, they would have to be hunted down and destroyed.

5. Jon - Doing a fine job as the Commander of the Night's Watch. He looks like he has things in order and needs no support from the south.

-Tywin

You are probably right. I should write : This is what I HOPE destiny of the Stark kids is. And GRRM's point of view is probably not far from Lannisters.
Actually, near the end of the books there will probably be epitaph above mass grave for all the Starks with writhing like this: " We all expected great things from them, but that is not how it goes in life ". And army of wraiths marching over it further south.:(

Yeah, time gap, in my opinion, is imminent. And connecting Davos with Rickon and putting them in White Harbor, with ample supplies of food and unwavering loyalty to Starks makes me think that things are going my way.

To the OP: It seems like you consider the Starks to be the "good guys" in this series. Those are awfully good endings for everyone involved. I don't think it will end up that way. Am I the only that sees that Arya isn't quite right in the head? If you look at her from just about any other point of view other than her own, she's one of the most evil characters in the series! That's what I like about ASOIAF. There really aren't any good guys and bad guys. Just people out for their own agenda which you may or may not agree with.

Back to Arya for a second: I still don't get the obsession with her list. There isn't a single important name on it. Seriously, there isn't! The "biggest" name on it is Cersei and she's actually more useful to the downfall of the Kingdom alive than dead. There's a reason why Varys keeps killing off competent Hands while leaving Cersei alive. She screws up everything which makes it easier for him to bring the Targaryens back to power. By the way I found this thread that discusses the list more:

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/42860-aryas-list.html

I agree that Rickon will become the next Lord of Winterfell but I don't see him having much to do in this particular timeline. It'll just be something that's noted at the end of the series. His greatest role will just be as leverage over the Boltons and we'll see it all happen in a Davos POV or something.

Sansa might end up ruining Littlefinger's plans but she's still not a Stark anymore. I don't believe there's any way to go back to being a Stark for her. Gotta agree with Imp in that she doesn't survive the series. I bet she's a big part of the bittersweet ending.

Bran is still weird and Jon done lost his mind. Those are my only thoughts about those two for now :p.

This is a huge topic, I will try to give my opinion without writing a book! Let me start by saying I think GRRM should have stuck with the time gap he originally planned. He may be forced to do it now if he intends to stay anywhere near the expected length of the story, but it will be harder to do now.

Bran: Poor Bran! Much as I hate to admit it, Bran is now treebound. He will never be a knight but he is becoming hugely powerful. Jon especially will benefit from Bran’s power. I really, really hope I am wrong and Bran is powerful enough to not need to be treebound to use his power, but that is what I see happening.:(

Sansa: My favorite potted plant! I agree with Imp that her only real crimes have been a naïve and romantic view of the world. She is now learning to play the game from one of the best! He will regret teaching her! Littlefinger is not her father, to him she is a younger, prettier version of his beloved Cat. I see her marrying Harry the Heir (who I really hope is a good man for her, she could use some happiness) and ruling the Vale, who happens to have a large, untouched army waiting to be used. Also Summer or Nymeria will have a pup for her soon!:)

Rickon: This where we really need a time gap to make anything from him believable. In the tv series they have aged him up a little but that is not the truth! He was 3 years old at the beginning so he cannot be what, 5-6 now? I do believe he will ultimately be Lord of Winterfell, yet anything done by him too soon will not really be Rickon but by someone else in his name. They should be real careful with him though because Rickon’s anger will be expressed by Shaggydog!

Jon: I really could write a book about Jon! Will he remain with the NW? Don’t know. Is he AA? Yes, I think he is. Is he one of the heads of the dragon? Yes, I believe he is. Will he do everything in his power to help or save Arya? Yes, I think he will, she is his one weakness. He loves her. Will he be totally floored when he meets her again and see’s what life has made of her? Yea, probably! Will he still love her? Absolutely!

Arya: My beloved Arya! Not sure if she will complete her FM training but she will certainly learn what she needs. As I have said before her first stop upon leaving the House of Black and White will be on the stairs to pick up Needle! And may the Gods help the Kindly Man if it is not there! I do believe she will at least set out to take care of her list, I for one hope she can at least get Cersei. Yet life (or GRRM!) always seems to send Arya off in a different direction! Personally I think this will include a stop to pick up Sandor!

Not too bad, a novella at best!:D

Back to Arya for a second: I still don't get the obsession with her list. There isn't a single important name on it. Seriously, there isn't! The "biggest" name on it is Cersei and she's actually more useful to the downfall of the Kingdom alive than dead. There's a reason why Varys keeps killing off competent Hands while leaving Cersei alive. She screws up everything which makes it easier for him to bring the Targaryens back to power. By the way I found this thread that discusses the list more:

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/42860-aryas-list.html

It's me again! viZion, i am sure you already know Arya is my girl and I will defend her through thick and thin! Yet I agree with you about her list,the only one's on it worth her time are Cersei and Gregor. I hope she can get Cersei because once the s*** from Aegon and Dany hits the fan she will no longer be needed to stir the chaos! There is also Gregor, who as Ser Robert Strong, a creature of black magic surely, may require Arya's special skills to kill!

Arya is not bad or evil! Yes she has killed and will continue to do so, yet always in order to survive as far as i can remember, and she killed to save Sandor. The one I don't really agree with was Weese, not that he didn't need to die but that it was a wasted wish! Plus she tried to turn herself over to the men who came for Gendry because she thought they were after her and did no want the others hurt. She alone risked her own life to save Jaqen, Rorge and Biter, when everyone else present would have just let them burn to death (shudder!) Granted Biter and Rorge at least probably should have been left to die but that is besides the point! She cares about others, a thing a true psychopath would not be capable of.

Sansa: My favorite potted plant! I agree with Imp that her only real crimes have been a naïve and romantic view of the world. She is now learning to play the game from one of the best! He will regret teaching her! Littlefinger is not her father, to him she is a younger, prettier version of his beloved Cat. I see her marrying Harry the Heir (who I really hope is a good man for her, she could use some happiness) and ruling the Vale, who happens to have a large, untouched army waiting to be used. Also Summer or Nymeria will have a pup for her soon!:)

My first thought when you mentioned the huge untouched army of the Vale was that now they have wildlings in the mountains who have been armed by the Lannisters that could threaten their safety... a thought which then reminded me that those wildlings owe a lot of their allegiance to the Halfman... who is currently the husband of Sansa. Interesting possibilities here.

Hmm, interesting. :)

Arya - killing list - good point. But not sure if she's ever going to fit into the politics of Kings Landing. Then again, that's old undisciplined Arya. If she finishes training, she'd be a hell of a protector for the next king. Kingsguard, anyone?

Bran - I think we've seen his fate revealed in ADWD.

Jon - always seen him as coming together with Dany in some way, possibly to rule together. Whether at King's Landing or not is another thing.

Sansa - She's one big political sponge - ie, learning the tricks around her - and will become a powerful queen because of it IMO. Will turn on Littlefinger and take rule of something, somewhere. Kings Landing, Winterfell, or the Eeyrie remains to be seen.

Rickon - An ideal contender to rule either Winterfell or Riverun as a natural heir. However, due to his minor character status so far, would be easy to kill off.

Hmm, interesting. :)

Arya - killing list - good point. But not sure if she's ever going to fit into the politics of Kings Landing. Then again, that's old undisciplined Arya. If she finishes training, she'd be a hell of a protector for the next king. Kingsguard, anyone?

Bran - I think we've seen his fate revealed in ADWD.

Jon - always seen him as coming together with Dany in some way, possibly to rule together. Whether at King's Landing or not is another thing.

Sansa - She's one big political sponge - ie, learning the tricks around her - and will become a powerful queen because of it IMO. Will turn on Littlefinger and take rule of something, somewhere. Kings Landing, Winterfell, or the Eeyrie remains to be seen.

Rickon - An ideal contender to rule either Winterfell or Riverun as a natural heir. However, due to his minor character status so far, would be easy to kill off.
Just so

Well Arya seems to attract lot of attention here.

Let me go in-deep with my theory about her:

Cult of the Faceless men is both martial and magical in it's nature, and uses stealth and tactic rather than brute force. Plus they give allot on keeping their reputation in high esteem with the customers. To answer someones post about why are they considered superior in martial prowess than regular fighters, so answer is - they are not! Although they are probably very adept in close combat, it is their last resort, and rely in cunning and less obvious means for "disposal" of their target.

Arya will not be able to fool Kindly Man, and there are only two possible ways to resolve dilemma how will she be able to became faceless men and keep her identity. One is that she does not pass the test which determines is she capable of denouncing of her self and becoming one of the FM, and partially trained tries to escape them.

But there I see danger, the FM don't strike me as organisation that would just allow someone to learn their secrets and then walk out when failing test. She will be in mortal danger if story-line goes there, and any resolution other than FM dispose of her seems too unlikely, as she would be only trainee in that point.

Other way may be that she really lose her personality in the process of training, passing the test and becoming true FM. But then goes on the mission in Westeros, and gets drawn to Nymeria, which, thanks to the magical bond those two share, triggers her memories and restores Arya as her old self.

After that she would probably try finding Jon first, and going trough her list next. Although again my belief is that FM would go after her in this case also, but this way she would at least be able to confront them in her territory as FM herself and with powerful allies around her.

No Kingsguard though, her power will be in the shadows, and Kingsguard was established as much as shiny proof of realms power and splendor, as for guarding Kings. So Kingsguard from the shadows defeats very important purpose of installing it in the first place, and I'm against this one.

I think Ary's "test" will be to give up Needle. i can't imagine that The Kindly man doesn't know she has it, and where it's hidden. i think she ultimately won't give him the sword when asked for it, implicitly saying that she's still Arya of House Stark. i think she'll be free to leave at that point, as she has been since she got to the House of White and Black

I think Ary's "test" will be to give up Needle. i can't imagine that The Kindly man doesn't know she has it, and where it's hidden. i think she ultimately won't give him the sword when asked for it, implicitly saying that she's still Arya of House Stark. i think she'll be free to leave at that point, as she has been since she got to the House of White and Black

She could be free to leave which would make everyone here happy I'm sure. But the Faceless Men could then be free to add her to their hit list afterwards. Like Nenad said, I don't see them as an organization that simply allows people to pick up their training and secrets and then just walk away with no repercussions when they don't manage to complete training.

I still don't think Cersei is much of a target. Would killing her really make anyone here happy? I.e. it's kind of too good of a fate for her. It would be like simply killing Walder Frey. Death isn't always the ultimate comeuppance.