HBO and Martin

disco

disco
Seems HBO are going to make the Thrones into a series but who does anyone think would play each part. Also I beleive if anyone can do it HBO will. Just look at the Sopranos, Rome, OZ and The Band Of Brothers.

Yay!

Winter is coming!

From his Not a Blog

Huge, Huge News

Nov. 11th, 2008 at 10:29 PM

HBO has given the production order.

They will be filming the pilot episode of A GAME OF THRONES.

It's just the pilot so far. They'll need to see that before they decide whether to proceed with a full season's episodes. So let's all hope the pilot will kick serious ass.

It should. David Benioff and Dan Weiss did a terrific job with the script. And yes, all of you can relax, it's very faithful. Dan and David will be the executive producers for the pilot and (we hope) the eventual series.

More details when I have 'em. The news is very fresh. HBO just issued their own press release, which should be up on their website soon, if it's not there already.

Winter is coming to HBO. Hot damn.

Seems HBO are going to make the Thrones into a series but who does anyone think would play each part. Also I beleive if anyone can do it HBO will. Just look at the Sopranos, Rome, OZ and The Band Of Brothers.

you forgot to mention the greatest tv show of all time... the wire! coincidentally, i find the wire very similar to martin in many ways... many plots and characters, not many truly good or evil characters, a lot of grey, no pat happy endings, a huge dose of reality, and death comes quickly and often surprisingly. it's the best thing i've ever seen on tv. also, the script writers for the wire are some of the best writers out there... pelecanos, richard price, dennis lehane.

ok, enough plugging. this is very interesting to me. i figure they could tackle this one book per season... but even at that pace, they will have caught martin long before he finishes the series!

Wiggum, Kudos to you for beating Werthead with the news! Not that Wert owes us anything, but I've become accustomed to hearing all news regarding books and TV from him first.

By the way, I could not find this information yet at HBO.

Lol, I'm going to have to renew HBO too if it gets picked up after the pilot.

And have my fiance roll her eyes and call me a geek everytime I kick her off the big TV so I can watch it.

And you know what, I'm alright with that.

Unbelievable.

Six months I've been unemployed, six months I've been able to leap onto any big SF&F news as it happens. And this gets announced on the first day I'm on my new job?

Anyway, awesome news, as expected. It's only the pilot, but for some reason I find the notion of seeing just 60 minutes of ASoIaF still better than none at all.

Wiggum cuddles Werthead's thunder and mutters to himself, "you can never have it back, it's my precious"

Six months I've been unemployed, six months I've been able to leap onto any big SF&F news as it happens. And this gets announced on the first day I'm on my new job?
Obviously you've gotten your priorities mixed up. Lots of other unemployed keyboard potatoes need you. So get with the program!!!

I'm not sure if it'll make it to our shores - Rome was on TV here briefly, The Sopranos got an awful timeslot, and things like The Tudors and The Wire never made it. But I'll definitely be getting the DVD as soon as it's available.

Holy crap, this is awesome news indeed!

Cant wait to hear more. Maybe some shots from the set when it starts filming?