Old Tech thread

The windscreen also makes the whole thing meaningless imho.
I tend to agree, though I guess it is purely a test of human powered speed. Similar arguments could be made about many other things; for example using bottled oxygen to climb Everest (and other high mountains). Using such oxygen reduces the effective height of the mountain by at least a thousand meters or more. Especially as it has been shown by mountaineers such as Rheinhold Messner that with enough training it is possible without such bottled oxygen.

2001 Argos catalogue, there's some monster prices for the new fangled flat screen TVs

FB_IMG_1725938805164.jpg

I think they were actually still built around a CRT.
They were: I bought a 32" one (partly funded by a 21-years service award; otherwise I would never have bought it), to replace an old 21" one and it required two people to carry it. Luckily, I always put the TV in the corner of the room, so it didn't intrude too far into the room.

I’m in the process of attempting to equip my 14 year old G62 laptop with Bluetooth...

...so that it can communicate, I believe, with my 1st generation iPad Air.

Amstrad did a similar design in the early 1980s

View attachment 123623
As seen three pages ago

As seen three pages ago
sh*t happens

Here we have an advert from 1987 for Samsung microwave ovens, note the outdoor scene where housewives are happily standing holding these monsters - they must have just been empty cases.

And yes, that's actress Lesley Joseph singing, two years before she was in Birds of a Feather.

Back