What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

We've moved on to Kaos on Netflix. Really entertaining - Greek gods updated, it's been done before, but this is witty, well made and highly entertaining.
I watched the first two episodes. It is very clever, but trying too hard to be funny, without being very funny. I need to see how it goes though.

I watched the first two episodes. It is very clever, but trying too hard to be funny, without being very funny. I need to see how it goes though.
I think it's more sardonic and witty than funny. I agree, it's not perfect. For all the fuss about Goldblum playing Zeus, it's a pretty 1-D performance.

We watched Only Murders in the Building episode two last night. I'm enjoying the storyline so far, and the introduction to some new characters. Also just saw that it was renewed for a 5th season. Yay!

I think that's the first Season. I thought that was only just okay, and knowing the special ability would spoil the whole Season, but the Second was worse, and I've really no idea how it gets a third Season!
The fourth series has just aired. I thought the first two were quite good. The third, not so much. The last was better.

I finished the first (probably only) season of Sunny (on Apple+). This is a different? weird? innovative? series of ten episodes. It is promoted as a mystery, with a little humor mixed in. The plot centers around a wife (American) whose husband (Japanese) and son appear to have died in a plane crash. But from the beginning not everything adds up. In the first episode she is presented a "house bot" whose name is Sunny and is told that her husband wanted her to have it. Sunny seems a little more advanced than a normal "house bot" and may be the key to something, but what isn't exactly clear. It seems to know more about her husband than it should.

This is a very weird show. Part of the problem is likely the fact that the show is clearly intended for both a Japanese and an American audience at the same time (about half the dialogue is in Japanese and half in English). As far as I can determine it has few of the normal? or is it American? aspects of a mystery, but mystery it clearly is. Although there is some violence, the show always felt as though it was something less than fully serious. I found episode nine to be really off-putting. Sunny is dreaming(?) [Is it self-aware? programmed differently?] that it's a part of a very Japanese game show and that episode clears up a lot of the questions around the mystery and force Sunny to make a decision. The final episode is about as far from a Superhero ending as you can get. And that's maybe not such a bad thing.

If you'd like to watch something that you've never seen anything quite like before this may be just what you want. On the whole I'd say it's likely to be a bigger hit with a Japanese audience.

Avoid --- Not Recommended --- Flawed --- Okay --- Good --- Recommended --- Shouldn’t be Missed

Edit: I'm probably the only one who will notice this, but there were so many F bombs in the dialogue that it really grated on me. But along the way you begin to understand why. --- But I wanted to know why not some other word.

The first 2 episodes of series 2 of Colin From Accounts , on iplayer in the UK. Very good. Series 1 was one of the best things I have watched on tv in years. A charming and often outrageously funny Australian comedy about an accidental romance between 2 very nice but slightly mismatched people.

THE WILD WILD WEST - The Night of the Winged Terror Part 1-2 - Was only going to watch the first part but decided to do both at once. Finally got to see who the big head villain was after seeing his picture decades ago in Famous Monsters. The leader of a SPECTRE type organization called RAVEN. William Schallert fills in as the partner Frank Harper. I think they showed the same location Kirk fought the Gorn a couple of times.

MANNIX - Night Out of Time -- dimwit son of grouchy aviator tycoon has no memory of the night before but begins to think he killed his girlfriend (listed as Janaire in the end credits--no last name. I am assuming she some kind of singer or model known at the time or she was trying to stand out to be remembered---if so it didn't work, then again I remembered her name after watching it so...).

TOMA- The Big Dealers - -Detective Tony Musante investigating drug pushers while dealing with a nephew junkie. only see one other episode of this and it is rather gritty compared to Baretta, which it eventually turned into. Hard to imagine that Jim Rockford was meant to be introduced in this show given how dark it is compared to that one.

THE ROCKFORD FILES - Roundabout - He has to find a woman who was left $10 000 as an inheritance but when they go to open a bank account for her, discover she has $300 000 in one already. I sometimes wish the shows were longer---they wrap up so fast and your hooked into it for more scenes.

Star Trek: Fanservice Season 2 Ep 11 Precious Cargo - Tucker's turn to get his shirt off and strip down to his underpants when he is trapped on an alien planet with a (rather gorgeous) princess he has rescued from kidnappers. Needless to say they overcome their initial animosity, get wet, intimate, and then wet again before rescue arrives. Pretty predictable stuff but an impressive set. I don't know if it was shot on location or built for the show but the decor was good. I just wish the writers of this kind of show would think things through a little more than the audience. I mean how difficult would it have been to throw in a line like: "They'll never find us in this jungle: there's nowhere for them to put down the shuttle - we'll make for the coast in the morning."? A line which would sidestep the audience wondering how the characters had not noticed not one, but TWO spacecraft landing near them in the last few minutes of the show.

The boy and I are starting to place bets before the opening credits as to who gets nakedest in the episode. (Please gods, not Phlox!)

Edit: I'm probably the only one who will notice this, but there were so many F bombs in the dialogue that it really grated on me. But along the way you begin to understand why. --- But I wanted to know why not some other word.

Don't ever visit Scotland. 'F*ck' isn't a word in some parts of the country. It's punctuation.

VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA - Pilot - 11 Days To Zero -- Been a long time since I watched this show. One bit of future tech prediction: the use of weaponized drones! They refer to unmanned aircraft as drones.
I watched several DVDs of VTTBOTS, all via NF; but many had playback problems, as they were double-sided discs.

I watched Red Eye that I had recorded earlier in the year when I wasn't well (it was on ITV around April/May). Hooked on it, watched 3 of the 6 episodes and will probably watch the rest tonight.

Have watched a few older A&E Biography episodes... the last one was for Yvonne DeCarlo (erstwhile Munster). I tend to go for people I recognize but know I don't know much about. (Youtube)

Have also watched the first four episodes of Budgie, an early '70s ITV/London Weekend program starring Adam Faith and Iain Cuthbertson, produced by Verity Lambert. It's entertaining enough and the next bunch will be in colour (did it start during the colour technicians' strike which effected Upstairs/Downstairs and A Family At War?) I'd known of this program and even had some early '60s Adam Faith music, but never been able to watch it before now. (Filmrise British)

With my parents we are watching a U.S. series titled simply Family (the one with Kristy McNichol, not the American Family of PBS with the Loud family). It started out well with Mike Nichols involved but has turned into a more usual repetitive semi sitcom but i guess we will see it through to the final season. I never watched this when it was on originally, vaguely recall seeing the opening while flipping but that's about it. Maybe it was on against something I already knew I liked a lot?

Several more episodes of Checkmate, which is turning into "let the special guest star try to win an Emmy." Jeffrey Hunter as a guy out to kill Sebastian Cabot for a psychological report that delayed his parole. Tony Randall as a white collar criminal using an elaborate plan to escape prison. Claire Bloom as a photographer blinded by acid. Sid Caesar as a radio DJ on an all-night jazz program. Lloyd Bridges as identical twins. They all completely dominate their episodes.