What Was the Last Television Episode You Watched?

Star Trek: Fanservice Season 2 Ep 12 Crawlspace - The Enterprise crew shelter in a hitherto unmentioned piece of the ship as a deadly neucliotic (or something) storm hits and it is taken over by aliens impervious to the storm's Iridiomatrostic (or something) radiations. The usual. No one gets naked but the actor playing helmsman Travis suffers the ignominy of having to utter the words 'space turbulence' at one point. I do wish SOMEONE in the Star Trek writers' room would open a science book and look things up (anything!) from time to time. Tonight I went back and checked what I thought I had heard in the last episode we watched (but hadn't wanted to stop and rewind at the time). Trapped in the windowless, alien escape pod Tucker manages to activate the boat's sensors and says he thinks he has found a system 'about nine hundred million kilometres away'. 9Mk is about 2/3 of an AU - and inside the orbit of Venus in our solar system. The system wasn't 'away' they were already IN it - unless it was really really really tiny. (Or Star Trek kilometres are orders of magnitude bigger than the 21st century version we all know and love.)

Nice sets though.

Star Trek: Fanservice ...Trip got his shirt off in this one.
My feeling when I first watched this series was that they wanted to make the ship appear older than other Starfleet ships, and were going for the hot, humid, 'submariner' look from 'Pacific' WII films without good air conditioning, where people had to take their shirts off to keep cool. However, this idea was quickly dispelled by all the naked sonic shower scenes which are absolutely and blatantly selling the show with sex. It does get better in season 3 as we move ever more slowly towards the Earth-Romulan War and the signing of the treaty that began the Federation, but at that point it got cancelled and it never arrived there.

Most of first two episodes of Gyeongseong Creature, Korean horror on Netflix. Tonally all over the place and with some annoying aspects, but the main story, investigating disappearances related to experiments by Japanese occupiers in WW2, is intriguing.

Watched a few episodes of Abbott Elementary. It's a mockumentary comedy series that has 3 seasons so far. I believe season 4 is coming soon.
I loved the first two seasons of this, but the third season left me flat. For me it lost its edge when Janine stopped teaching in a classroom. It started feeling tired and contrived. In this it reminds me of Ted Lasso. Season one was wonderful, season two, okay. Season three, I couldn't get into it.

I loved the first two seasons of this, but the third season left me flat. For me it lost its edge when Janine stopped teaching in a classroom. It started feeling tired and contrived. In this it reminds me of Ted Lasso. Season one was wonderful, season two, okay. Season three, I couldn't get into it.
I also wasn't excited for Janine to leave the school. Her storyline with the district has been ok, but it's the scenes at Abbott that are still the best. We haven't finished Season 3 yet, but she did leave the district and came back to the classroom in the last episode we watched.

And I am probably in the minority, but I haven't watched Ted Lasso.

Star Trek Fanservice S2 Ep 14. - T'pol has a previously unmentioned syndrome / Heavy-handed Aids Metaphor. Which leads to pleas for tolerance and understanding of this season's heavy-handed metaphor for LGTBQ+ people.
In its way not a bad episode and very TOS earnestly liberal in feel. The humorous B story, Trip being flirted with by Phlox's second wife, was funny. But the thing that floored both #1 Son and I was the fact that the Enterprise in orbit establishing shots didn't have the planet off to the left of the ship (and screen) like every other episode ever. The planet filled the screen and the Enterprise was shown from overhead (in plan) orbiting above it. The Star Trek universe had discovered 'Up' and 'Down'!

Dark Winds -- just finished the second season.
Series based on the Leaphorn and Chee Series of books by Tony Hillerman.

The production is great and I appreciate that they set in 1971, when the books were set.
Very good. Recommend.

Enterprise. My son and I started calling that because of the frequency with which characters appeared in their underwear or as naked as mainstream American TV would allow.
And here is an article about T'pol's costumes.

From the article:
Original series costume designer William “Bill” Theiss or Bill Theiss was known for his provocative costume design. He came up with what is known as the “Theiss Titillation Theory” which claims that “the degree to which a costume is considered sexy is directly proportional to how accident-prone it appears to be.”

More Checkmate. Notable guest star was Jack Benny, pretty much playing a fictional version of himself.
Where do you find episodes of Checkmate???

There are a few on the Internet Archive, but not the entire 1960-1962 run

And a huge collection of 1960s television

Last Chance to See

Back in 1989, Douglas Adams and his guide Mark Carwardine underwent a quest around the globe to find several endangered species of animal before they became extinct.

Twenty years on, and Stephen Fry (Adams' house-sitter when he went on his advebture) joins Mark to revisit the places Douglas had been, and to find out how the animals and their protectors were getting on.

Two episodes in, and whilst it's nowhere near as entertaining as Adams' original radio series, it is still rather good, and intermixed with both very funny and very sad moments.

Where do you find episodes of Checkmate???

There are a few on the Internet Archive, but not the entire 1960-1962 run

And a huge collection of 1960s television

We bought the complete series on DVD.

BARNABY JONES - Sunday: Doomsday - An ex-con (Gary Lockwood) plots to kill Barnaby and sets a trap to get him at his horse ranch. This killer sure is mean--he kills Barnaby's dog!

PETROCELLI - A Deadly Vow---woman comes to Tony to ask what happens legally when someone commits a murder. Before she leaves, he asks her why she wants to know--and she tells him --she is going to kill her husband. Soon she is charged with it and asks Tony to help her. He and Pete also take up stockcar racing.

KOLCHAK - THE NIGHT STALKER - The Ripper - Not particularly fond of this one--Jack isn't too spooky when we finally see him--but better episodes are soon to follow. Series premiered on Friday the 13th 50 years ago.