What was the last movie you saw?

Speaking of bad FX, I have been collecting a bunch of 1950s Universal sci-fy/monster movies (all B&W), over the last couple of weeks;

The Mole People

Awwww. I love The Mole People. It's so cheesy, but still fun. Haven't seen it in years, though. Have to look for it.

Edit to add: I finally saw Sherlock Holmes the other day, on DVD. I really didn't expect much from it except to enjoy the presence of Robert Downey Jr., but I ended up liking it a lot.

Watched Dark Knight again last night, this time on Blu Ray. Not a bad film, Ledger's performance is superb but Batman annoyed me wth his gravelly voice when in Bat mode-why??
And the ending is such a cliche,I mean the very ending when Commissioner Gordon makes that cheesy speech-straight out of a 1950s cheesy comic! I don't like when they try to make a film look or sound like a comic-it doesn't quite work-its a fillum!
And what's the deal with the Penguin? We know he's a regular so why make it look like he died and ignore him!
That's the trouble with such 'requels', we know who dies and who doesn't die,takes the edge off things!

Watched Get Carter last night. The original one with Michael Caine,

Watched Dark Knight again last night, this time on Blu Ray. Not a bad film, Ledger's performance is superb but Batman annoyed me wth his gravelly voice when in Bat mode-why??
And the ending is such a cliche,I mean the very ending when Commissioner Gordon makes that cheesy speech-straight out of a 1950s cheesy comic! I don't like when they try to make a film look or sound like a comic-it doesn't quite work-its a fillum!
And what's the deal with the Penguin? We know he's a regular so why make it look like he died and ignore him!
That's the trouble with such 'requels', we know who dies and who doesn't die,takes the edge off things!

The clichè ending is not comic like its hollywood 100% ;)

As reader of Batman comics for years the comics have never been that much of a clichè. Its Hollywood they have to dumb it down so everyone can like it and go "oh our poor hero is a wanted criminal now"

I dont even care about Batman 3 now. Iron Man 3 is more important to me despite i dont read Iron Man comics and Batman is my fav hero. Iron Man movies is actually fun and nothing like Batman's fake voice.

"Shooter", an action movie about an ex black ops sniper recruited to prevent a presidential assination... frame ups and double crosses ensue... Pretty fair movie if , like me, you like lots of shooting and explosions... definitely worth a rental; I bought it.

"Sherlock Holmes"; not as good a movie as some of the older versions (or even the BBC series), a less than traditional take on the great sleuth, but acceptable, I enjoyed it, in spite of Mr. Downey. Definitely worth a rental (purchased this one too).

Enjoy!

Watched 9 earlier,very enjoyable post apocalyptic tale,kind of a dark and earth-bound Wall-e with a bit of AI.
I loved the fact that its labelled as 'stitch punk'!
The only thing is parents,this is NOT a film for the little ones,even tho its found in the kids section in the rental store!

A Tale of Two Sisters(2003) another great korean film and yet another from 2003. Every Korean film i have seen almost is from 2003. Did they max out that year i wonder.

It was also one of rare films that was so creepy,actually scary that i was seeing things every dark corner of the living room when i saw it. One of those great horror that makes your mind trick you into seeing horrible things they never really show much of. It was more supernatural horror and not straight one. I would rate it 4/5.

Also saw The Proposition - i only rented it for Guy Pearce really but John Hurt was a nice surprise. It was very weird film. It was gritty western at times and just plain weird often. I would rate it 3/5. Visually,acting wise strong but storywise it lacked something.

The clichè ending is not comic like its hollywood 100% ;)

As reader of Batman comics for years the comics have never been that much of a clichè. Its Hollywood they have to dumb it down so everyone can like it and go "oh our poor hero is a wanted criminal now"

I dont even care about Batman 3 now. Iron Man 3 is more important to me despite i dont read Iron Man comics and Batman is my fav hero. Iron Man movies is actually fun and nothing like Batman's fake voice.

I wouldn't know such, I never have read comics and certainly wouldn't read them now. I always think comics are for kids,teenagers. Looking forward to seeing Iron Man 2 tho- just hope its first half is more exciting than the first one.

Midnight Meat Train

Versus director Ryuhei Kitamura reins in his hyperkinetic shooting style to give a more atmospheric thriller. It is very effective in parts but the silly looking CG gore and conventional filler parts keep things tepid. The end is so half-assed I had to read the Clive Barker Story to figure out what the MMT is all about. That's better but still not very good.

I wouldn't know such, I never have read comics and certainly wouldn't read them now. I always think comics are for kids,teenagers. Looking forward to seeing Iron Man 2 tho- just hope its first half is more exciting than the first one.

You dont have to read comics to know what is typical hollywood and not.

Doesnt matter if its superhero film or Avatar they make the same predictable stories,endings. Meaning their blockbuster films.

Went to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street.

Was pretty good but wasn't the same without Robert Englund as Freddy.

But all in all it was a typical horror/slasher movie.